komojo dragon
    Mar 2007

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! fi'zi:k Aliante Gamma issues?

Just wondering what your experience has been with this seat - comfort, durability, best replacement if you have?

My new fi'zi:k Aliante Gamma w/titanium rails popped off its rails on the 3rd ride.. first time any seat i have owned has come apart. Pretty surprising and disapointing. Wondering if this was a fluke or if others have had problems, and I should look to another seat entirely?

Situation: waiting for wife to catch her breath, and just riding circles enjoying the new bike, I didn't think I was clipped in and plopped over to the left side ( kept frame from earth ), and the seat came right off

We weren't able to get the rails back on - but found the rubber thingy around the crank brothers multi tool was stout enough to keep the nose of the seat collected to the front rails for the ride back home... bizarre!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Sounds like it came out due to the tip over. That's the first one I've heard of. They are hard to put back in unless you have the special shoe horn like tool the factory has. Maybe you can do it with a huge screwdriver... Kind of dangerous as the Ti rails are big springs that kind of want to go flying off somewhere when under compression like that.
    Give us a call or an email and we'll get a new seat out to you if it doesn't work.
    Hans
    info@ibiscycles.com

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    Thanks Hans, I'll give you a call. I looked at trying to, as you say shoehorn the front rail piece back in, but it is a dicey matter, and like you said probably not worth the risk. Not wanting to mangle the seat which otherwise has not a mark on it or my hand - more importantly.
    O-Jo-Mo-Jo!

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    Just talked to "Ibis" and a new seat is on it's way!

Thanks for the excellent service!
    O-Jo-Mo-Jo!

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    New seat from Ibis arrived Wed. ( two days from last post ) Great service Ibis!
    [returned my derailed seat to you yesterday ]

Thanks!
    O-Jo-Mo-Jo!

mtbr member
    May 2007

Fizik durability

Quote Originally Posted by 1scotto
    Just wondering what your experience has been with this seat - comfort, durability, best replacement if you have?

On the durability - jeez the cover wears fast!

Mine has worn through the grey on all the edges adjacent to seams, front, back and sides! I'm no "hardass", but am very disappointed with the wear (never had this with any other saddle). Its not crash related - I dont crash much and haven't hit the saddle when I have.

That said, its a very comfortable saddle, but when the stitching goes (which will be in a matter of months, based on a few 2 hour weekly rides) I wont get another. Disappointed.

Green Mojo
    Mine is wearing fine. I ride every day and mine has held up just fine. I am happy with mine. No issues at all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have to say it's the most comfortable saddle I've ever owned. It's wearing great actually. I just ordered one for my other bike...