komojo dragon
    Mar 2007

New question here. Favorite accessories/components for Mojo ?

What have been or are your favorite accessories or components used with your Mojo?

Best Mojo enhancers !

( I just need to divert my attention from waiting for my Mojo to something positve and fun! )

Green Mojo

Grips

I am very happy with my SLX Mojo bike and am totally happy and content with the XTR components and Talas fork.

I did make one little, minor change that I have been quite happy with - new grips. I swapped out to foam racing grips by Racer's Edge. The grips weigh 51 grams and are very comfortable. I always say: "it's the little things in life....."!

mtbr member
    I really like my brakes. Old school 4-pot XT hydraulics.

I never tried the 160mm up front because I went straight to 203mm. I'm thinking of trying the 160mm to see how much of a difference there is. If there isn't much, I might stick with 160mm for the weight savings.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Garmin Edge 305 -- VERY cool (much better than my old bike computer)

A more comfortable saddle -- the fi'zi:k is a BALL BUSTER!

AND get frame protectors -- if you haven't read this thread it's worthwhile -->
    http://forums.mtbr.com/ibis/protect-your-frame-240041.html#post2386375

This bike is a piece of art, but if you ride rocky trails it gets thrashed (scratched) very quickly. Although it's only cosmetic, it still hurts to see the clear coat chip off your baby.

I got an oversized lizard skin for my chainstay, carbon fiber looking kevlar tape for the rear triangle components, and the ISC Helicopter-OG Outdoor Grade Surface Guard Tape for other areas.

enjoy!

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    Nice!

Cal Coast does a real nice job of adding protective layers to the bike during the build..
    and I will order some more film to experiment with! Ordered - hope to do a nice thick see through chain protector for the green frame

Grips are a nice touch... very good idea - especially now before the bike even goes out the door!

Garmin 305 - very very tempting! Ordered - was thinking about this, and your vote made it that much easier!!

Brakes you can count on - priceless

What else?? Chime in folks!
    Last edited by 1scotto; 06-06-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Trail Rider

Another Cal Coast bike here

They set up mine real nice. I have bought some new Oury grips and am looking for a set of Ti riser bars to replace the carbon fiber bars. I found one set at 180 gr. but too hard and expensive to import from China. I'll probably end up with a Seven set of flat Ti bars and get a different stem. I still have my Ibis ti bars on my HT from years back. No worries about bars with Ti. I also changed out my seat to a WTB Pure Ti railed model. I'll most likely replace my CF seat post with a Thomson Elite(peace of mind even though a little heavier).

On another note. Cal Coast nailed the rear der. cable slack just right. When the suspension is working, the cable kind of coils up and doesn't bow out as my old FS did. This was my first whole bike purchase in many years. I usually build them up myself.
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member
    May 2006

Speedball

Speedball........how come its not top of the list....only thing you will ever need!

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007

Grips and bike setup!

Thanks to the 1st grip comment by bikerneil I replaced the stock grips with Serfas RX Grips prior to taking the bike out the door These just felt right! They are ergonomic but a minimalist type - quite comfy on the trail. Plus a free swap - thanks Cal Coast.

I have to say I have heard of the bike shop setting you up on the bike. But these guys really do it right - putting you and your bike on a "trainer" starting with seat height, making sure your cleats are correctly set, correct seat / pedaling position, best position for handlebars, fine tuning brake, shifter position, setting up the suspension to your liking, and plenty of time spent making sure you are happy with your new bike! I really felt much more a part of the bike- The owner Charlie even made a mental note of my one concern on one of the built bikes i rode at the shop a week earlier - a stem that could be a bit longer for me - he had my bike built with the longer stem vs. the standard build kit piece without me asking for it....

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    well I started with a stock SX in green. (actually... THE green SX from Interbike last year).

Customisations so far:

new wheels: DT Swiss 240s hubs, XR4.2 rims, Aerolite spokes and ProLock nipples with Salsa Skewers. Hand built by Wheelcraft.

Syncros FLS stem, classic 2 bolt Syncros seatpost, SDG Bel-Air saddle, Syncros Point 'n Chute 2.35" tyres (they're made by Kenda.... so you know the compound is spot on) and Crank Brothers Acid pedals.

But the two components that I couldn't live without...

Salsa carbon Pro Moto riser bars and std Oury clear grips.

Elvis.