Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Bonking ... not feelin' well Extralite IntegrHead 2 + Ibis Mojo

I've bought this headset to save some weight but upper bearing doesn't fit in the frame. is there any another way plastic cups for this frame to fit this headset?

Thanks, Yevgen

Added later:

That is what manual says:
    --------
    Both Mojos use the integrated
    headset based on the Cane
    Creek IS standard (aka the 36°
    / 45° or 41 mm standard). These are
    available from Cane Creek and probably
    others. On our kits we use the Cane Creek
    IS2.

and here is the description from extralite:
    -------
    Compatible: 45° internal fitting, Campa.

So it should be ok but it doesn't

Last edited by Chupakabra; 03-24-2008 at 04:02 AM.

flow where ever you go
    No way for it to work, Campa is the the other "standard". Different from IS standard.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    And what if ask from ibis guys for another type of this upper plastic cup?

flow where ever you go
    If you mean the cup currently attached to the mojo to hold the headset, I think it is built in and not meant to be replaced. Can't hurt to ask them though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    grrr
    thanks anyway.

will drop a line to Ibis may be there is possibility to order form them such cup

MTB Monkey
    Why don't you just get the right headset? Ibis is very clear on what the spec is.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    To confirm, this implies that any cane creek IS headset would fit the Mojo and SL? Including the 110 IS?

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Quote Originally Posted by etnt
    To confirm, this implies that any cane creek IS headset would fit the Mojo and SL? Including the 110 IS?
    Yes, any IS standard headset will fit (assuming you buy the right size).

Slovakia (Europe)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddraewwg
    Yes, any IS standard headset will fit (assuming you buy the right size).
    Not sure, e.g. 41mm Hope IS standard doesn't fit too (see the picture). This is not only the question of bearings diameter and chamfer angles (Mojo is designed for 45deg. outer chamfer angle), but also depends on top cover design. The inner race is compression ring dependent so it doesn't matter, if it's 36 or 45 deg (e.g. "the Solos bearing is different than a standard IS bearing and is a 45/45 instead of a 36/45" - this is official statement from Cane Creek).
    Attached Images Attached Images

flow where ever you go
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG
    Not sure, e.g. 41mm Hope IS standard doesn't fit too (see the picture). This is not only the question of bearings diameter and chamfer angles (Mojo is designed for 45deg. outer chamfer angle), but also depends on top cover design. The inner race is compression ring dependent so it doesn't matter, if it's 36 or 45 deg (e.g. "the Solos bearing is different than a standard IS bearing and is a 45/45 instead of a 36/45" - this is official statement from Cane Creek).
    Don't sell your Solos !!, looks like you need it.

Are you sure the Hope you have is the (USA) Cane Creek IS and not the Camp (european?) IS ? I know it is sometimes confusing to figure it out. For instance, Cane Creek makes the IS-8 which is Cane Creek IS and the IS-8i which is "Campagnolo IS".

I don't know the history, but it looks like both the USA and Europe have created an "IS" (international standard) but they are different from each other. Crazy, not helpful, but not surprising.

Any Cane Creek (usa) IS should work on the Mojo and any Camp IS will not. But when purchasing, it is not always clear which you are purchasing.

Slovakia (Europe)
    Quote Originally Posted by noshortcuts
    Don't sell your Solos !!, looks like you need it.

Are you sure the Hope you have is the (USA) Cane Creek IS and not the Camp (european?) IS ? I know it is sometimes confusing to figure it out. For instance, Cane Creek makes the IS-8 which is Cane Creek IS and the IS-8i which is "Campagnolo IS".

I don't know the history, but it looks like both the USA and Europe have created an "IS" (international standard) but they are different from each other. Crazy, not helpful, but not surprising.

Any Cane Creek (usa) IS should work on the Mojo and any Camp IS will not. But when purchasing, it is not always clear which you are purchasing.
    I got 2 Solos by mistake, so can sell one

I've asked at Hope and Cane Creek - there is no real IS standard at all!.

I'm sure, that Hope is 41.0mm/45deg. not a Campagnolo Hiddenset (41.8mm/45deg.). It's very easy to check this. Unfortunately neither Cane Creek nor Hope have published technical information about headsets on their web sites, so I couldn't compare the headsets before the purchase. There are also other parameters I haven't mentioned yet, e.g bearings height, that also can differ.

P.S. For lower stack I've decided to use Hope assembly because of aluminium split crown race, that is easier to swap between forks (Pace Fighter, Fox Talas in my case).
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Why don't we make a list of headsets that fits? And which don't...
    For now i'm sure that extralite and hope doesn't fit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    For you information Chupakabra

Cane Creeks IS-2, IS-6 & IS-8.

"Sharing the same integrated design as the IS-8, the IS-2's bearings also rest inside the head tube of the bike's frame, which has been specifically designed to cradle the bearings and manufactured to the Cane Creek IS worldwide standard. The IS-2 uses steel cartridge bearings and an aluminum bearing cover. Also available is the IS-2i (available in tall version only), which is designed to be compatible with the Campagnolo integrated standard. All IS headsets are compatible with Cane Creek Interlok spacers.

IS = "integrated system." The IS design uses no cups. IS bearings rest inside the head tube of the bike's frame, which has been specifically designed to cradle the bearings and manufactured to the Cane Creek IS worldwide standard. The IS headset cannot be retrofitted to an existing bike with traditional headset cups. The IS-6 uses stainless steel bearings as an upgrade over the IS-2. For 2003 all 1-1/8" IS headsets are compatable with Cane Creek Interlok spacers.

Construction: The IS headset is compatible only with specially machined head tubes- manufactured to the Cane Creek IS worldwide standard. The IS-2 utilizes bearing steel grade cartridge bearings. The IS-6 steps up to stainless steel cartridge bearings for longer lasting durability.

Who rides it: This new headset innovation is limited to IS-equipped bikes."

From cane creek website: http://www.canecreek.com/integrated-...-headsets.html

Any others available?

flow where ever you go
    Interesting, "IS" is NOT "international standard", but an "integrated system" that CC calls a "worldwide standard".

ADD Cane Creek "Solos IS" to the list.
    ADD Cane Creek "110 IS" should be good also.
    ADD "TOKEN Omega C1"
    ADD "TOKEN Omega T1"

There are FSA headsets that are Cane Creek Integrated worldwide standard compatible, but I'm not sure which ones.

Grams Light Bikes
    Bummer...it doesn't fit and they are very expensive in the US, think it's $162

My Cane Creek Solo IS that came with the Mojo pops in just perfect. And no issues with it so far. Just had my Mechanic switch out the crown base to install the Manitou MRD that I am testing. 2 years of tough use and still a great headset.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    that token ti one is sharp..........thinking about it

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Cool the list goes on!

Will make do with my Cane Creek IS-2 until I can afford to WW my Mojo SL arriving soon...

Matt Scott

MOJO BICHU
    My semi-integrated headset it`s from PRO ( by shimano). works great.

mtbr member
    Yeah I had the same thing happen when I first built up my Mojo last year. I received a campy style IS6 and obviously these do not work. Gotta get the non campy style.

Post up a link to the Token Ti one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    hope doesn't work?

flow where ever you go
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    hope doesn't work?
    Sounds like it. Faith still works for some people.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by noshortcuts
    Sounds like it. Faith still works for some people.
    hahahhaha

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Anyone got picture of Token headsets, never heard of them before.
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

flow where ever you go
    A bunch of pictures and price here: http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKEN-TITANIUM-I...QQcmdZViewItem

If it does not work, just search Ebay, there is alway one on the USA Ebay site from procyclingdiscount.

Slovakia (Europe)
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    hope doesn't work?
    Depends on what do you mean. It works (the bearings fit Ibis frame correctly), but the top cover is designed for deeper frame reaming, so ugly gap between head tube top and headset top cover is a result. Btw, I'm going to use Hope bottom assembly (bearing and crown race), because Hope crown race is made of aluminium and split, so forks can be swapped easily (I have Fox Talas and Pace Fighter, so would like to test both).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast