Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53
  1. #1
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012

    EWS Rd 7, "Finale" 2013, FINALE LIGURE Superenduro PRO Italy, 19-20 OCT

    So here it is the big Finale, titles won, but you only remember who wins the last race, so still lots to race for, couldn't think of a better place to finish, tough location, should go off!

    Who's your picks, been a bit of a gap since Rd6
    Will that have helped some, or a bit of rest to recharge heal for the leaders of all season.
    All will be winners on the day.

    Should be EPIC, sure the after party will be legendary!

    Braap!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,590
    I think that JC is going to be tough to beat now that he does not have to worry about the title. Graves is going to be a threat for Stage wins although I would love to see him take the entire round. Third will be up for grabs, but Barel will be right there in it. Bring it on!

  3. #3
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Concur SP, but would not be surprised to see Gravey dominate either I think hes found his mojo, but then this is Finale and its a tough one!
    Fab could take it too or Jerome!

    Lets Rumble!

  4. #4
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    From Enduro Mag

    26 nations will be represented at the Superenduro powered by SRAM in Finale Ligure this weekend. The world of enduro has never before seen a start list like this. For the final stage of the 2013 Superenduro PRO circuit and the Enduro World Series, it will truly be an international festival of enduro.

    braap!

  5. #5
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Love Europe, so could move they're and Italy wow, the history the riding
    the siesta's the woman and the food and drink the passion lol.


  6. #6
    mountain biker
    Reputation: slyfink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    514
    details!: Enduro World Series 2013 Final Round - Finale Ligure Course Preview - Press Releases - Vital MTB

    there seems to be lots of pedalling in the transitions. lots. definitely one for the more fit riders.

    Since Lau and JC rode the Trans Provence, I'm going to say they're doing quite well in the fitness department. Grubby too, but maybe not like this... It seems the italians are well versed in this type of racing (Ducci and Lupato), as is Rémy Absalon. Can't count Barel out.

    I'll put Lau, JC, Absalon, Ducci and Barel in the top-5.

    Anyone know if Lopes is racing? This seems like his type of course...
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,590
    If I did my math correctly there is over 8,000' of climbing!! Fitness is going to matter on this round.

    I think Lopes has pretty much retired now with the birth of his son. Definitely not at the race because he is posting rides here is Socal today on Strava. He showed up to the Whistler event and decided not to race describing the courses as racing WC DH on trail bikes. Everyone else said it was one of the best rounds yet. He was also riding the Ripley again and probably thought they were going to race down A Line. Not sure why he would make the same bike mistake twice, but the Ripley would have probably been the right choice for the Colorado round.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    Love Europe, so could move they're and Italy wow, the history the riding
    the siesta's the woman and the food and drink the passion lol.

    I am with you there although I would have to be single with all of the dark hair/dark skin women around!

  9. #9
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    I am with you there although I would have to be single with all of the dark hair/dark skin women around!

    Haha love it such a good call, just so happens Im single if not for TGB I would be gone for sure!

    I love European women so chilled and un pretenious and latin lol
    though I do have a very soft spot for Southern Bells of the US as well.

    Just in keeping with making this thread even more entertaining

  10. #10
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    If I did my math correctly there is over 8,000' of climbing!! Fitness is going to matter on this round.

    I think Lopes has pretty much retired now with the birth of his son. Definitely not at the race because he is posting rides here is Socal today on Strava. He showed up to the Whistler event and decided not to race describing the courses as racing WC DH on trail bikes. Everyone else said it was one of the best rounds yet. He was also riding the Ripley again and probably thought they were going to race down A Line. Not sure why he would make the same bike mistake twice, but the Ripley would have probably been the right choice for the Colorado round.
    Yeah weird about Lopes nice vid of him on his HDR with Nino!

    Why he didnt choose his HDR I dont get it, its like at times people get so wrapped up trying to justify wheel size just ride is fun and imo the right tool for the job, anyway I'm sort of over it al, just want to see great competition on worthy trails, this looks like it will def do that.

    8000ft thats how it should be, you should have to earn the descents. I've alway believed this even though I'm crap uphills, lest it not a race uphill!

    I was talking to a dude today who did the Colorado round he said each stage were very different and the jumps even though tables on the bike park section were huge and he is quick.

    Good info and links slyfink!

  11. #11
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Some HD action @ rd 7





  12. #12
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012

    Listen!

    Credit-SuperEnduro


    Manuel D, balance practice before the finals

    Credit Enduro-mtb


    .

  13. #13
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012

    Stage Videos


  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,590
    Who is that in the first set of pics? Did Ducci go back to the HD from the HD-R? I swear I saw him on a new bike a few rounds ago.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    395
    Ducci looks to be riding a Ripley this weekend. Some other smaller bikes too, Bryceland rocking a 5010, not a Bronson.

    I'm pretty sure I saw Lopes with an HD in Whistler, if fact, didn't he race A-Line on it? Wasn't there a profile feature here showing his Bike Co setup HD? Don't see why he wouldn't of brought both to ride Whis. Really too bad if hes dissing courses, the guy can ****in' ride.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: robertj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    Love Europe, so could move they're and Italy wow, the history the riding
    the siesta's the woman and the food and drink the passion lol.

    I couldn't have said it better myself! Finale is so awesome; my non-riding wife loved it too with all the historical sites, scenery, and outstanding food (pesto mare). Funny story. We were in Sauze and my wife was considering driving two hours from there to Finale just to have the pesto mare dish again. Gotta love a riding destination where a non-riding sig. other is equally stoked! So much going on in that region all within a few hours.

    Can't wait to see more of the video coverage!

  17. #17
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Who is that in the first set of pics? Did Ducci go back to the HD from the HD-R? I swear I saw him on a new bike a few rounds ago.
    Nah thats another Life cycles team rider cant remember his name, he's Italian though lol.

    edit rider is : Dorian Zuretti

    Thats MD riding the wall though!

    This is a tough event, possibly some of the toughest trails yet lots of climbing in transitions but that's not what's going to hurt if he's not on an HD or HDR it could hurt even more, just wonder if this is the same stuff with Lopes, MD was doing great when he focused more on riding and less on what wheels size to play around with.

    In fact he was knocking on the door of the next step, since messing with smaller forks, 650b and if 29ers well it ain't working to date, he's been going back in pack faster than Hollywood ejecting over the Indian Ocean after getting downed by that dirte Mig haha.

    Funny guys at the top, like Jerome and Gravsey stayed true all season and dominated not changed much, says allot, don't fix what ain't broke, and those not bringing home the bacon are focusing on the wrong **** as usual, but this is not new, guys struggling at anything always look for something no else to gain an edge instead of looking within!

    Same in DH, top 2 or 3 usually pretty stable with equipment all season long while the pack is fracking with **** trying to figure it out, when its right if front of them!

    I have no idea what he'll be running this event, interesting with him his GF has stayed pretty stable on the HD running a Veng up from while MD went Slant and she has continually improved riding a heavier bike, while he has continually gotten worse, just an observation, big fan but never good when you start trying everything in the cupboard, go back to basics of what was successful & rebuild.
    Last edited by Maverick005; 10-19-2013 at 01:51 AM.

  18. #18
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Ducci looks to be riding a Ripley this weekend. Some other smaller bikes too, Bryceland rocking a 5010, not a Bronson.

    I'm pretty sure I saw Lopes with an HD in Whistler, if fact, didn't he race A-Line on it? Wasn't there a profile feature here showing his Bike Co setup HD? Don't see why he wouldn't of brought both to ride Whis. Really too bad if hes dissing courses, the guy can ****in' ride.
    Have no idea what Ducci"s doing, seems like he know has too many choices, pity, his star was really rising.

    Youd never know with Lopesy, he's developing for Ibis anyway isn't that the case so you'd expect him to rock what ever suits, personally I don't care what bikes people ride, but I'd like to see a one bike choice for season, you get your choice up front and thats it, anything else goes, tires suspension, you cant change bikes in an event so Lopes couldn't ride both anyway, so why not for the whole season, not everyone can afford 3 bikes let alone two, we don't want this to get like the Americas cup or anything, its supposed to be more open than the ranks of DH and XC so one bike season makes much more sense to me.

    The (Han) Solo or 5010 as it's now called is pretty cool we bike, be interesting to see how JB goes sure hell have fun thats for sure!

  19. #19
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by robertj View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself! Finale is so awesome; my non-riding wife loved it too with all the historical sites, scenery, and outstanding food (pesto mare). Funny story. We were in Sauze and my wife was considering driving two hours from there to Finale just to have the pesto mare dish again. Gotta love a riding destination where a non-riding sig. other is equally stoked! So much going on in that region all within a few hours.

    Can't wait to see more of the video coverage!
    Yeah dude got me even more keen, def going they're sometime, holiday might have to time it with next years event!

  20. #20
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Them some mean stages! Jamie Nicol reckons as hard if not harder than Whistler, rain for Sunday making the cobbles stones tricky, could be slick!Stage 2 super tight corners, I dunno why you'd choose a 29er for this one, the dude on 27.5 Cube seemed to struggle making some of the corners on stage 2. Right tool for the job here!Going to be a tough one!

  21. #21
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012

    Raw

    Watch I think its Manuel Ducci @ 1min,30s looks like he is on his HD

    Sic line and super sweet cornering and darn fast too, fastest on that corner by heaps, awesome, quite a big Ibis action in this one, should please me ole mucka from Aus, my02

    Ps my02 ABs vs Aussies tonight in Dunnos, loses shouts a beer next time bro

    Dam forgot the link, muppet!

    cred: Vitalmtb

  22. #22
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012




    Ratboy

    Rat boy Riding the Millenium Falcon with 203mm rear rotor, no sign of Chewie!
    little bike big brakes in Finale


    Jamie Nicol, rocking the trusty Nomad, fresh bearings, change to Rockshox hot suspension for 2013/14!


    As only Italy can do



    MD and Davide Sonnacotta


    XF decked HD, Lifecycles team



    .

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    Watch I think its Manuel Ducci @ 1min,30s looks like he is on his HD

    Sic line and super sweet cornering and darn fast too, fastest on that corner by heaps, awesome, quite a big Ibis action in this one, should please me ole mucka from Aus, my02

    Ps my02 ABs vs Aussies tonight in Dunnos, loses shouts a beer next time bro

    Dam forgot the link, muppet!

    cred: Vitalmtb
    Except the only other one to make the corner was on a long chainstay 29er :0, haha.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    395
    Martin Maes, what a ****in' phenom!!! Although I don't get it, some races (actually it seams like the Italian ones) they include him with the adults, and others they put him in Junior. All year hes been placing pretty consistently in 4ourth among the overall in the EWS.

  25. #25
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Jared Graves leads after day one!

    Serious rider injury on stage meant stage 4 cancelled.

    Nico Lau penalized for a time control delay

    AC leading Tracey!

    Kiwis tearing it up, Gabby Molloy local girl and Rosara Joseph these girls and like Jamie Nicol showing it about riding skills, fitness not about big bike big budgets and or teams, another thing I like that Enduro throws up, it's about the rider how it should be.

    Full details on Vitalmtb here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 02:06 AM
  2. Italy - Finale Ligure
    By MaxAug in forum Europe
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 11:26 AM
  3. Finale Ligure, Italy May17-23
    By ranchero7 in forum Europe
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 07:33 AM
  4. Finale Ligure Italy Freeride compilation
    By merijn101 in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 11:07 AM
  5. Finale Ligure Italy
    By eli-ca rride in forum Europe
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 11:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •