Thread: Eliminator WC

screamer

Eliminator WC

Did anyone else see lopes dominate the first world cup eliminator today? He looked as if he's been doIng it his whole life, which in a way I guess he has. Everyone else has some serious catching up to do. Looking good rocking the Tranny, too!

In other news, pedal technology sucks. There must have been a dozen instances of people coming unclipped (lopes included) with dramatic consequences.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    bl rocks!
    -----
    some drink from the fountain of knowledge...
    others just piss on it..

mtbr member
    Lopes in not human...Did you notice how low his saddle is compare to the other riders?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by odin View Post
    Lopes in not human...Did you notice how low his saddle is compare to the other riders?
    dropper.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Anyone have the details on Lopes' gearing for the Elinator? It looks like he was running 1x10 maybe?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by oh2guy View Post
    Anyone have the details on Lopes' gearing for the Elinator? It looks like he was running 1x10 maybe?
    yep 1x10 - looks like a 36t ring?

aka dan51
    Animal!

Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    dropper.
    I can't help but think that the dropper post was a key element to him winning in an event like that.
    IMO anyone not riding with one is not riding to their full potential.
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d-bug View Post
    Animal!

I can't help but think that the dropper post was a key element to him winning in an event like that.
    IMO anyone not riding with one is not riding to their full potential.
    I watched a few random snippets here, but from what I saw, on this course the wins were pretty much determined on the climbs as there wasn't much passing happening on the downhills. The format does look promising - I would never have the patience to sit through a video of an XC race, or even bother to look at the highlights, but this has much more potential for us of the MTV generation.

Were there any exciting moments in this series of races? Would love to see it if there was anything bold pulled out on the downhills.

Anyhow, that's useless quibbling. I agree with you. I'm a dropper post fanatic and I'd sooner give up my HD for a lesser bike than give up my dropper. Thankfully, I don't have to!

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemikemike View Post
    I watched a few random snippets here, but from what I saw, on this course the wins were pretty much determined on the climbs as there wasn't much passing happening on the downhills.
    I think the dropper helps on a sprint climb. If you watch the final race with Lopes, he's got his seat down right out of the gate and up the first climb. With it down and out of the way he's able to get more movement over the bike and looks like he can deliver more powerful pedal strokes. I know it helps me when it's down and I have to do a sprint.

I agree though, XC races are impossible to watch, it's like golf... I only watched a few clips.
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    38 Tooth Front Ring.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Have to agree the dropper was a key, watching other racers struggle on the downs as having the seat at XC height got in their way. Be interesting to see if other racers will start running them for future events.

On another note what happened to BL's Enve sponsorship ?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Watched the final, and yes, you're right, he's throwing the bike around like a bmxer. Love how he cut right out of the start to box out the other guy even though he was minutely behind out of the gate.

Dang, lopes can lay down the power!

Quote Originally Posted by d-bug View Post
    I think the dropper helps on a sprint climb. If you watch the final race with Lopes, he's got his seat down right out of the gate and up the first climb. With it down and out of the way he's able to get more movement over the bike and looks like he can deliver more powerful pedal strokes. I know it helps me when it's down and I have to do a sprint.

I agree though, XC races are impossible to watch, it's like golf... I only watched a few clips.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I agree about the dropper post. He was rocking his bike like he is in 4x from the start. What the heck, 38 Tooth front ring, what is this guy eating? And he is an animal on the uphill.

Wondering too about the Enve sponsorship...