mtbr member

DT Swiss EX1750 on Mojo HD

Hey, I am currently rocking a EX 1750 set of hoops with a 10x135 rear end, and am planning on picking up an HD frame. I realize I need to convert the rear to a 12x142 axle in order to run it with the HD. What I am trying to figure out is what conversion kit I need. There are some that are just the end caps only:
    DT 240s 12 x 142 End Cap Conversion kit

Then there are some that come with what looks like a sleeve:
    Dt-Swiss 12mm T-A Conversion Kit Rear - Bike.com

Then there are some that come with the sleeve and the axle, which I don't think I need, since I expect the frame to come with an axle:
    DT Swiss X-12 System 142mm Conversion Kit - Wheelbuilder.com

I'm thinking that all I need are the end caps if the frame comes with an axle.

Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by chuckb77; 04-14-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Links weren't working

Commit or eat sh!t
    Depends on which model of 240 hubs you have. Older ones I think you need the axle. With newer ones just the end caps. I believe you can tell them apart by the color. You might want to call DT to confirm. You don't need the RWS axle as the bike comes with the Maxle.

PS. Most likely the 2nd one you list since the hub probably has the 10mm axle sleeve installed since the 1750 probably uses the older 240 hubs. You can open up your hub and check.
    Last edited by Cable0guy; 04-14-2012 at 06:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks cable guy, how would i know what to look for when I take off my existing end caps. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Commit or eat sh!t
    There is a inner AL sleeve that goes into the bearings. And the axle then slides into the sleeve. That is what you see in your 2nd link above. If the sleeve is 10mm in inner diameter, then obviously you need to replace that. If 12mm, then you can just get the end caps (newer style hubs).

Go to the DT website and download the manuals for either your wheelset or 240 hubs. It will become more clear.

By the way, the 2nd link is for 135mm, not 142mm axle.

mtbr member
    Ah yes, that makes sense now to me. Once again, much appreciated.

And nice catch, I am sure if I would've figured out that I just needed the caps, I indeed would have ordered the 135 ones from the 2nd link and been pretty bummed when trying to set the bike up.

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Will the rws lever fit the ibis? I asked if I could use the syntace x12 bolt on but ibis said it wouldn't fit their frames.
    Herro prease