Thread: DT Swiss

mtbr member

DT Swiss

Ibis start to put on SL DT Swiss rear shock.Can we expect also DT's fork?

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    They're using a Manitou.

mtbr member

DT Swiss fork

I know that, but I think many riders will wish to use this forks due to lightness.

Grams Light Bikes
    Ibis was going for the lightest available shocks and forks for the Mojo SL, so they picked up the DT Swiss Carbon rear shock cause its the lightest out there, when it came to forks they had a few more options and they chose the Manitou, it is also quite a bit cheaper then the DT Swiss, so it keeps the prices cheaper on the Mojo SL. The DT Swiss forks are also not available until the end of this month, so I would think there would be a supply issue? And the Manitou is a tad lighter.

I grabbed some prices from the UK site http://www.chainreactioncycles.com.

DT Swiss XMC 130 $1000 1570 grams (manufacturer weight)
    Manitou Minute MRD $785 1530 grams (manufacturer weight)

The Manitou can be found for less, not enough information for pricing on the DT Swiss as yet.

mtbr member

DT fork

DT Swiss offer interesting and good forks.I think that most of Mojo owners do not have or will have 130 forks and if they have opportunity to buy DT's forks,maybe most of them will buy DT's. I have in mind also EXC150 without-1590g/3.5lb and specially fork with 20 axle and 1690 g/3.7 lb.This fork cover hole between Float 140 without axle and I think for Mojo overbuild Talas 160
    Ibis has his own strategy and reasons what to offer and that was just ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Manitou forks is cheaper. Maybe DT Swiss is more reliable but its more expansive and you should think if people would pay more for DT Swiss forks. Maybe what Ibis could do is to offer another package that has DT Swiss in it.
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    the dt swiss 150 mm fork will probably not be here until at least march. you might be able to buy sooner from over seas.

it will cost about 1400 dollars.

i am highly considering this fork, but i really wanted coil WITH 20mm axle. i am also considering the fox van 36 with Ti spring.

how many of you use 160mm travel in a mojo?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If you want the DT Swiss fork ask your LBS to swap it with the Manitou fork & pay the diff.
    When I bought my Mojo I changed or upgraded alot of the comp's. They were great about it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Spam- DT Swiss XR Carbon Rear Shock for Sale

Brand new 08' DT Swiss XR Carbon shock for Mojo for sale. check it out! Great deal!

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...?product=15571