mtbr member
    Dec 2006

DT shock settings

I picked up my Mojo SL on the weekend and am trying to figure out the settings for the rear shock. The frame didn't come with a manual (or so the shop says) and the Owner's manual for my previous Mojo naturally doesn't have any info on the shock.

I checked the DT website but they only have a XR Carbon rear shock listed. Would that be the same shock? I read Derby's review of the shock so I have a starting point.

Any suggestions on where else I might find the info?

Thanks,

mtbr member
    I followed Derby's post and the results were top notch!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

DT tips

Hello all,

Regarding setting up the DT shock ->

Set the sag starting with 80% of your body weight in psi in the air spring. For instance if you weigh 170 lbs, you would start with 136 psi in the air chamber.

You should be getting about 12 - 14 mm of sag when sitting on the bike normally.

Adjust the rebound dial for the fastest setting you can use and not get bounced much after a small drop (off a curb) in the saddle.

Fine tune from there in 5 psi increments if needed.

We'll have that info in the next printing of the manual. For now it's on an insert that comes with the current manual.

Cheers!

Hans

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hi Hans,

Thanks for the info. My frame didn't come with a manual which is why I was asking.

Carl