Tá mé ar meisce.

Does Ibis answer email?

I sent 2 emails to Ibis asking specific questions about the mojo. Over 1 week later and still no reply. Why do these companies put email links on their websites if they are going to ignore them? I know Ibis is not the only one that does this, but I just felt the need to vent. I'll get of my high horse now.
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerCan
    I sent 2 emails to Ibis asking specific questions about the mojo. Over 1 week later and still no reply. Why do these companies put email links on their websites if they are going to ignore them? I know Ibis is not the only one that does this, but I just felt the need to vent. I'll get of my high horse now.
    The holidays. The travel. Someone picked up each time I called.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    I always received awesome response to my emails when I had questions. The time of the year might be having an effect?

mtbr member
    So what's your question ? Perhaps the Ibisians on this forum can answer your question.

But for the record, Hans answered a question of mine within 4hrs when I asked him earlier this year.

Tá mé ar meisce.
    Well I am glad to hear they answer some. So many websites post an address only to completly ignore the emails.

My question had to do with rider weight. I am in the market for a new frame and early on it was a ventana vs titus bout with the Ibis mojo as the dark horse. I wanted to hear from the maker directly about weight limits and such before I purchased. I am dropping what is for me a lot of coin on my new frame and I want to have everything lined up.

For the record I am 6'2" 240lbs ride weight. Aggressive XC, no huck, 1' to 2' drops. Also for the record first email was sent on the 9th of dec and second on the 14th. Barely the holiday season.
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Well I am glad to hear they answer some. So many websites post an address only to completly ignore the emails.

My question had to do with rider weight. I am in the market for a new frame and early on it was a ventana vs titus bout with the Ibis mojo as the dark horse. I wanted to hear from the maker directly about weight limits and such before I purchased. I am dropping what is for me a lot of coin on my new frame and I want to have everything lined up.

For the record I am 6'2" 240lbs ride weight. Aggressive XC, no huck, 1' to 2' drops. Also for the record first email was sent on the 9th of dec and second on the 14th. Barely the holiday season.
    Mojo OK with 220 lbs rider?

This thread has some responses on this very topic including a number from Tom, Scott and Hans at Ibis.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Also, you might want to double check that your email program doesn't make the receiver download something before replying. I find it really annoying when a sender's email server has to "download content for security" before you can reply.

Tá mé ar meisce.
    zzzsean -- Yeah I saw that thread, I was just looking for somthing from the company directly.
    C24C -- Naw I use a very basic RFC Compliant mail server (qmail)
    Thanks for the replies

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Beercan,
    I'd cut the folks at Ibis some slack. Their 4 people strong, and don't exactly have a customer service department. Check the forums here and you'll find nothing but praise for the personal attention they've shown to current and potential Ibis owners. Scot Nicol himself has replied to everyone of my emails. Heck, they're on the boards constantly as well.
    I'm sure they just took a couple of well-deserved days off. IMO, as great as email is, it's no subsitute for picking up the phone and giving them a call.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    zzzsean -- Yeah I saw that thread, I was just looking for somthing from the company directly.
    C24C -- Naw I use a very basic RFC Compliant mail server (qmail)
    Thanks for the replies
    oops, I made a bad assumption you might know who Tom, Hans and Scott are - they are Ibis.

I can certainly see wanting the "official" answer as well, and that might also have something to do with the delay - there is obviously a difference to one of the owners being 220lbs and saying they ride and love the mojo and haven't had any problems being in the clysdale class and the company itself saying "we guarantee the mojo for 240lbs riders" - because I expect they would not do that given the wide variety of riding styles out there.

Perhaps the fact that it seems that Tom is about your weight and seems to have a similar riding style might be the level of confidence you needed?

Anyway, I would certainly jump on the phone and call directly for your answers, the folks at Ibis were straight up and honest in all my dealings with them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

that's strange

We've been there the whole time and normally answer emails in an a few minutes,
    sometimes a few hours, but never days...
    What was the link so we can check / fix it?
    Maybe our spam filter got you? What's your address, I'll check it out..
    BTW,Yes, 240lbs is ok .
    Cheers,
    Hans

Tá mé ar meisce.
    mbexx -- I am cutting Ibis slack, its not like I fulminated against them, just posted a query (and a statement on email CS in general)
    zzsean -- Thanks, I think you see what I mean/want
    hanssc -- pm sent

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Details?

Beer Can,
    I'm not sure what happened to your email. I personally receive each and every incoming mail that goes to info@ibiscycles.com or to scot@ibiscycles.com.
    We don't put our email address up there for window dressing. Same with our toll free number. When you call, you get a person (well, unless we're passed out). When you email, you get a speedy response. I think if you read through the posts (this thread and others) you'll see we're pretty diligent about answering. I answer email 7 days a week.
    I would really like to get to the bottom of this. Can you send me an email to both of the addresses above?
    Also, can you resend the original? I have method of looking back at the logs of our host to see if there was some down time on their email server. I'd really appreciate it.
    Perhaps we can address your question then.
    Thanks,
    Scot

Grams Light Bikes
    I have always gotten an email from Tom or Scott within a reasonable amount of time (max would be a couple of hours), the easiest way to get a questioned answered is to call them, its much nicer to get to speak to a human being and BS about the topic you are interested in. Tom is a wealth of information and support even when you might have a difference of opinion.

Ibis rules as far as I am concerned for customer support

Tá mé ar meisce.
    Scot
    No problem I will send those emails now. As I told Hans in the PM I think my frustration with lack of CS with companies in general just culminated with my Ibis email. Clearly you guys do care and I apologize for the negative slant on Ibis. In a way I am glad I posted this thread though, usually I just ignore the ignorers. If I had done that in this case I would have not seen that CS is alive at Ibis. Who knows I may end up on a Mojo after all

mtbr member
    I have found their email response to be very good. I have emailed them twice and received prompt, helpful responses both times. I am now a proud owner of a new carbon mojo.