Red sticky ball
    Apr 2004

DHX Air/Lyrik RC2 DH 170MM

Anyone here running their HD with the DHX air/Lyrik 170 DH air combo?

If so, what pressure/settings have you found to be the best for AM riding?

I've had my bike a little over a year. At first seemed to have too much air and the ride was harsh and choppy when descending.

Then I reduced the air pressure for a 30% sag on both ends. Enjoyed a plusher ride when descending but seemed to use a lot of travel for regular XC riding. I even posted on here about excessively bashing my pedals.

Tried increasing the pressure a bit for about a 25% sag and turned up the anti-bottom out on the shock but now back to a harsher ride.

For the guys out there running this suspension, what sort of pressure/settings are you running for optimum performance?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    This goes for any suspension...dial it in for feel and don't worry so much about sag and travel used. Now be smart about it; don't run it so firm that you only use half your travel, but if you're missing half an inch or so don't sweat it.

Also, you really can't have both. Ifyou want soft and plush then it won't be as responsive and may brake dive and wallow while pedaling.

I set mine up on the firm side then I start to dial back the compression until it feels good / acceptable while still maintaining performance.