Team Sanchez

DHX 5.0 on a HD?

I've been running a Push'd Monarch on my HD for the past year, and have been happy with its performance on all but the biggest hits. I pulled the DHX 5.0 off a buddy's Turner Highline, and mounted it up for my next St. George Ut trip. Any buddy running a DHX 5.0 coil over on their HD? If so, how's the performance in chunk and drops?
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

Ow!
    I would like to know this also. I am keeping my eyes open for a used HD. If (when?) I buy one, I will put my DHX 5.0 coil on it also.

EC, if you use the 5.0, could you reply with your impressions? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I am running a fox dhx 5.0 on my HD. I love the feel of the shock. It feels much more linear than my fox air on my Mojo SL. Easy to set up and adjust.

mtbr member
    One of my buddies just switched off a Pushed DHX to a Pushed Monarch RC3 Plus. He has seen no penalty in descending and a major improvement on the climbs. In THEORY the DHX will be even worse on the big hits since the HD has a falling rate built in to compensate for the rising rate in an air shock. It will blow through the end stroke of the travel, but it will be very plush on the small stuff.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Call Fox and ask to speak to a tech in the shop. I have spoken to a tech several times and they have always been very informative. I am 200 lbs and have ridden the HD hard. I use my HD as a park bike. No trouble with bottoming out and blowing thru the travel.