Thread: dammit

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

dammit

o.k. maybe i should have a blog, but anyway another problem just came up. i just had a post (fork explanation). now i am selling my reba 100mm and purchasing one with more mm's. the problem is the one i want which is a fox model, i can't get. I can't get any fox model. (long story, don't ask ) anyway the only ones i can get without the 20mm thru axel is the marzocchi xc 600ata2 100mm-140mm air and the rc revelation 426 air u-turn 100mm 130mm pushloc remote. i think that the rc rev. is a better fork but with only 130mm in which the marz is at 140mm. old wise ones give me some opinions between the two. you must remember that i have a hard time buying shirts let alone $400 toys. thanks my fellow biker dudes

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I have a Revelation 426, no uturn on my mojo. I don't feel any difference with geometry from the demo models I tested that had the Fox 140mm fork. $400 for a u-turn and pop-loc sounds like a good deal. If I had the choice, I'd still go for the non-u-turn to save $$ and weight if that was an option. Also, on a side note about QR and thru-axle - I think the hubs are different between QR and thru-axle - just so you don't double damn.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Pace forks

If possable try and find some pace 130mm xcams 40/41 there the same axel to crown height as my pikes and a whole lot lighter to boot my riding buddy has just put a set on his mojo and finds them great anyhoo just a thought. As for your original question my vote would be the rockshox good luck Bat.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'd go revelation. You can get them pushed now too, for even better performance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Just another view of the multi-stage mm thing. Most don't use it from what I read, but I use it all the time and can't imagine not having it. Doing it with U-turn is a pain in the *&^%. I don't know how it is on the ata marz though, I'm interested in trying one when I can.
    Pushing the rshocks now, is a nice option for the rev but u-turn is best left for the occasional travel adjust, not all the time.