mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Custom Painting Bare Carbon Mojo Frame????

Any thoughts or experiences with this? I would like parts of the bare carbon to still be visible, but I do not want it to be completely covered like the colored retail models. I would say half bare carbon and half paint.

I know someone that could do it who lots of experience painting cars, so i am assuming the prep would be fairly similar, tape off certain portions and then sand the areas necessary to paint, etc

Any thoughts?

mojo mofo
    Not sure what it would do to your warranty, email the Ibis people to ask.

There is a guy on here somewhere that had his Mojo custom painted yellow, it looks like it was done professionally. I assume, as you said, in the same way as cars, with all the threaded and pivot sensitive bits masked. This might be where the warranty trouble could be. Painting changes tolerances, so that might cause undue wear on parts. Plus they might have an issue with the sanding.

I know everyone wants to customize a bit but the naked frame is so sweet!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hello all,
    We try to use common sense on things like this. If there's a problem and it does not appear to be related to a modification the user has made, we would still cover it. If it looks related to a modification that was made we'd offer up the no fault replacement price on the affected part.
    Cheers!
    Hans