mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Custom color option from Ibis?

Not trying to make ya'll work more and ride less, but since you will never be able to satiisfy all the "I want you to make this bike in this color" request. Maybe you could ship some over unpainted and get someone local (I think a local shop was brought up before) to paint them custom, for an extra charge of course. You could even get the orders before they are made so as not to have any unwanted blank frames. It looks like it will be awhile before you change production colors, and why should you if your selling all of them. But I bet there would be some out there that would spend a little extra for a truly one of a kind bike. I know customers can do this on their own, but it would be cooler and easier if it Ibis did it. Also Ibis could oversee the quality. Mainly I just want a matte carbon Ripley. Maybe with white decals, trim and maybe white wheels. If the green was white or cobra blue, I would be riding a Ripley now. The lite blue or green are just not my colors. The HDR in cobra blue with white trim really looks good. I wouldn't even bring this up to a big company, but Ibis is different. Someone at Ibis has probably already thought of this, and said it's too much trouble. But I just wanted to ask.

mtbr member
    I would pay extra for custom paint, even if it was just a single color without the full graphics. The new HDR is awesome but I'm not a fan of the two colors currently offered. Having custom paint handled by Ibis would be a big plus too.

mtbr member
    Look up Joe Carbon Frame Repair. They do custom colors on carbon, located in SD, CA.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    That's the shop I was thinking of. Might do that if Ibis doesn't want to. If your getting a high end bike, might as well go a little farther for one of a kind.