mtbr member

Curious about X Fusion on Mojo HD

I'm looking pretty carefully at a Mojo HD, going to test ride an XL next week and wanted to hear what people think about the X Fusion Vengence RC fork and X Fusion O2 RCX-AV rear shock on their Mojo Hds. This is a build offered at a lower price point and looks like a decent way into a bike that seems a very solid performer. I'm coming off an 03 SC Heckler and its on my short list of bikes.

Thanks
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    Currently riding an 03 Heckler as well. In search of a new bike too.

mtbr member
    It's been a great bike, and I love it, but after demoing a Pivot Mach 5.7 last weekend I finally realized what I've been missing. That was a really, really nice riding bike. The rear end was so solid and dialed in. I wasn't overly impressed w/ the Float 32 up front though. I'll most likely be getting a bike w/ a 36, like the X Fusion Vengeance RC but there's 1 other bike I plan on demoing and it has the new Float 34 on it, the SC Nomad. That might be worth considering, I'll have to see how it feels.
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Brian Lopes rides X-Fusion and does pretty well...

Here's a thread you should checkout as well:

Vengeance and Vector owners, post your configs

mtbr member
    Pelly,
    That's one of the main reasons I'm interested in X Fusion and the HD. One of the guys I rode with last weekend whipped his phone out after we had to walk up the top half of this steep down/up gully, probably 30 ft down then 40 up. He had a video of Lopes absolutely destroying the top 15-20 ft of the up and over by launching off a rock about 3/4 of the way up and pretty much clearing all the chunk while no more than 6-8 inches above it. It was some kind of sick steep uphill hovercraft jump, he hit that thing with such speed, I'm pretty sure you can hear one of the guys watching say "Wow", and he made it look easy and so smooth. For me, its one thing to see these guys rip it up in a video, but seeing what they can do on stuff considered pretty challenging by many local riders is really cool in my book. So while I'm certainly no Brian Lopes, I'm interested! Granted, this was in his local stomping grounds here in SoCal and he's probably hit this thing a million times, but still, amazing skills. So of course he can rip it on X Fusion, I was curious about what the general HD riders thought about how X Fusion has performed on their HDs.
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I believe this is the clip you're referring to...and yes, that guy is crazy fast.

Rapid Fire: Brian Lopes - Mountain Biking Videos - Vital MTB

I can't say anything about X-Fusion yet as I literally installed my Vengeance fork and Vector shock yesterday. It'll be a while before the snow is gone and trails are dry enough to give the gear a proper shakedown so I'll post my review once I have some time on the new setup.
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    That's not the same clip, but that uphill launch is the exact place, you are right! He went just a little bigger in the clip I saw, but same smooth results. As for the rest of that video tdotrider, I'm blown away by how fast he flies down that stuff. I didn't know it could be ridden that fast. Huge respect. Anyone can launch a big drop on today's big bikes, but to rip trails like that, only a true master can make it looks so effortless and super smooth. I loved how he just launches/bunny hops complete sections of rock garden, s-turns, whatever, and then magically appears way down the trail, glued to ground when he decides he wants to be. Every mountain biker should watch that clip.
    Thanks!!
    OK, now some feedback on your HD mounted X Fusion forks and shocks fellow rippers!
    Wrecker of fine things

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 02Slayer View Post
    That's not the same clip, but that uphill launch is the exact place, you are right! He went just a little bigger in the clip I saw, but same smooth results. As for the rest of that video tdotrider, I'm blown away by how fast he flies down that stuff. I didn't know it could be ridden that fast. Huge respect. Anyone can launch a big drop on today's big bikes, but to rip trails like that, only a true master can make it looks so effortless and super smooth. I loved how he just launches/bunny hops complete sections of rock garden, s-turns, whatever, and then magically appears way down the trail, glued to ground when he decides he wants to be. Every mountain biker should watch that clip.
    Thanks!!
    OK, now some feedback on your HD mounted X Fusion forks and shocks fellow rippers!
    I've had x-fusion on my HD for just about 2 years now (before lopes thank you very much I've used it all with regards to forks/shocks and I will say I will never go back (besides to maybe a Bos). I run a Vengeance HLR and Vector HLR Coil (selling my Vector cause I got the air the other day). For me the feeling I got just playing around in a parking lot i could tell was better than the Rp23 and my lyrik. The xfusion products are super smooth and complement each other so well. The HLR models are extremely adjustable if you are into that, but I am more of a set it and forget it. I mostly ride trail. This is already a very confidence inspiring bike and with this susp it's even better. Get the dw tune and don't look back. Trust me, you won't regret it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have the mojo HD with the special blend setup (x-fusion vengeance rc and 02 rcx). It rides great with this configuration and leaves you room for upgrades later. I sent in the fork to x-fusion to have them install a HLR damper and the bike feels like a totally different beast. It's much cheaper to have the fork upgraded than to buy a brand new/used one IMO. Anyways, you can't go wrong with the x-fusion setup.