mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Creative ways to mount a GoPro to the MOJO HD (or any other) frame?

Aside from putting it on the handlebar (dropper post, so no real option there), anyone putting their gopros in a interesting spot? What do your mounts look like, since mojo frames aren't tubular or square, it's not as easy to use conventional mounting hardware?

Thanks.

MTBR Member since 2001...
    Using conventional GoPro or aftermarket mounts, your only options are on round symmetrical surfaces. Bars or the seatpost.

IMO the best video is shot from a helmet mount or chest mount. The seatpost or fork is good for different perspective, but I think its best to supplement a video with footage captured from multiple views. Amazon is a good source for mounts. k-edge in particular makes very good fabricated high quality aluminum mounts, but again only for round type surfaces.

We've made some of our own mounts using GoPro mounts in conjunction with PVC tubing and metal plumbing "T" from HomeDepot. Right now we are working on a cable cam mount that has pulleys.

You're going to have a hard time mounting directly to an SL or HD, but you never know what you might find walking down the plumbing or heating isle at Lowe's. Good Luck
    Last edited by shadowsports; 09-26-2012 at 07:35 AM.
    '11 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    '08 GT Force 3
    Giant
    Moto
    Trek
    Others

Grams Light Bikes
    K-Edge makes a nice mount that attaches to the saddle rails, and you can also wrap the vented helmet mount around the upper rear shock connection area, and use the elbows to get the camera oriented properly. I have used it several times on the frame like that, but I can't seem to locate a picture, but the attached one gives you an idea at least.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Creative ways to mount a GoPro to the MOJO HD (or any other) frame?-kedge_saddle_1024.jpg  

Creative ways to mount a GoPro to the MOJO HD (or any other) frame?-gopro_shock.jpg  

mtbr member
    I can vouch for the K-Edge products the rear seat hanger gives great results as you look like you are going faster than you are.

shot this a few monhts ago:
    Vallee Blanche run in Les Deux Alpes July 2012 - mountain bIking - YouTube