mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Crank Arm Length

What crank arm length are you running on your Mojos? I don't know what size were on my Blur, but I have 175s on my new sl and I seem to be having more trouble clipping rocks than I did on the Blur. Thanks.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    170's and 175's are pretty "normal". I think 170's are designed for people between 5'6' - 10"...something like that. Which Blur do you have? The original Blur has a lower BB than the Mojo so that would be odd if you're striking more rocks. The LT has a 13.3 BB so you should expect to hit more rocks/roots, etc.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    I have put 170's on all of my bikes. I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam and i'm 155lbs ready to ride. I had some peddle strike problems and it was mostly due to low perssure in the RP23. I am now at 135 pounds in the shock and that is VERY close to the recomended sag of 25%. Double and triple check you sag that should help
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

cranks

I'm 5' 81/2" with a 32" inseam. I'm going to run 175mm cranks, I guess just because that's what I'm running on my old build (bike in a box)and whatwas recommended.

David

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The shock might be packing up. Turn it one click faster.