boba
    Dec 2007

Change of plans..2 Mojo Carbons on the way.

We had two SL's on order since December, but with the delays and our orders being pushed back to late April..ie. in our hands in Canada by mid-May...we have two Carbon Mojos being shipped tomorrow.
    Mine...large, in Clear, XT with Talas 36 and the nice new XT QR 20 wheelset.
    Janes'...small, Guinness. XT with Talas 32.
    Both come with anodized red linkages and Ti bolt kit...thanks to Hans who has been tremendously helpful in this exercise. Also thanks to all the forum members who have offered advice along way....in particular Derby, Sean and Alabama.

Our riding on Vancouver Island is tough, wet, slippery with huge roots as we live in a Temperate Rain Forest with lots of rock and steep climbs and descents.. We ride all year round...on Thursday night, we were up high in the ice and snow...so for me, the Talas 36 made sense and if I had gone with the 32, I would have changed up I am sure in a few months. My wife is a very good technical rider but does enjoy the steeps on the way down, so the 32 Talas is what she wanted. I enjoy the Forum and will post pictures when we get the bikes. Again thanks..bob

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Good times ahead for both of you!

www.derbyrims.com

Double thumbs-up!

mtbr member
    Great call Bob! You could not have built two better bikes for your amazing local terrain. The DW feels mystical compared to our Gems single pivot. You will agree real soon!

fan of maple syrup
    Complete stranger here, but I too am looking forward to seeing how the bike goes with the 36. I've only found a few instances on here of Mojo's with big forks, and I'm keen to see how they go (given there's less travel in the rear) as I am starting to like the idea of a Mojo with a RS Lyrik 2-step air.

Will keep eyes posted for pics.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Am waiting here in Australia for the next shipment. Can I ask what size you are that you ordered a Large frame size. Did you demo the size first? Ibis USA has recommended a large frame for me and Ibis Australia has recommended X-Large. I am 6'1" with 34" inseam. Sounds like our riding is similar except we have tropical rainforest (and no snow).

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Splurf,

I have a Vicious Blue Mojo Carbon size Large. I am 6'1" with a 33 1/2" inseam and the Large frame fits me perfect with a 100mm length stem. I would not change the frame size to an XL at all. You are going to love your new bike when it arrives. Have fun.

Dignan