mtbr member

Cane creek DB air or DB air CS for Mojo HD

So I'm interested in the cane creek double barrel air for my Mojo but i'm wondering if there is a need to get the CS model or just go with the standard DB air? Typical aggressive trail riding, lots of rocks and lots of climbing. Since the Mojo climbs so well is the CS feature worth the extra cost. Looks like a lot of DB airs are coming up for sale in the 400-450 range.

Currently on a RP23 and never use the platform lever, always leave it open. Also are all double barrels the same as far as their base tune? I know I need to have the high volume inner can but is the base tune the same and simply adjusted for the bike it's on?

mtbr member
    Ignorance is bliss: If you don't have it, you won't miss it. Once You've used it, you won't want to give it up. I'm running the CS version on my Mojo HD. The bike rides great without the CS feature turned on. However, now that I have it, I use it all the time. The influence on the bikes characteristics are subtle but IMO it has a significant influence on pedaling efficiency. I find it particularly useful on the long-slog climbs.

From what I understand, all the current CCDB models now come with standard with the high-inner volume internal reservoir - including the CS. I spoke with both Ibis and Cane Creek about the need for the XV version (which is different than the inner-reserviour). In both cases, it was recommended to me that the Mojo HD does not require the XV.

I'm running the standard version of the CS and am getting full travel with the high-speed compression setting at between 0.5 and 1.0 full turn. Still fiddling with the other settings a little bit, but by in large the shock has been excellent.

mtbr member

More info here

Also, check out the dialog at the Cane Creek Riders forum: The Lounge | Rider Forums | Ibis

The folks at Cane Creek are very quick to respond to questions there.

Interestingly, the most recent comment in that forum recommends adding internal spacers in order to limit bottoming. In my case, I have not found this too be needed and in fact the base tune suggests zero spacers...

mtbr member
    Thanks, I have looked at the CC forums. I was aware that the Mojo does't need the xv can, just the high volume inner can. Since I don't use pro pedal on my Fox I think I'd be fine with the regular DB air, plus they can be found cheaper.

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Thanks, I have looked at the CC forums. I was aware that the Mojo does't need the xv can, just the high volume inner can. Since I don't use pro pedal on my Fox I think I'd be fine with the regular DB air, plus they can be found cheaper.
    The CS is not a propedal, but a separate circuit which includes special low speed compression and rebound tunings. Not as noticeable on the HDR in 130mm (650B) mode, but a huge difference on the 160mm and well worth the additional cost.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Just wondering where the best place online to buy a DB Air CS

cheers

mtbr member
    Directly from Ibis...$625

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cnitram View Post
    Directly from Ibis...$625
    They can be had for significantly less than that from bikerbob.com.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    If you can demo shocks I would give the x-fusion vector air a shot. The coil version is amazing and I even keep it on during the winter (mainly xc riding) it feels so right. The weight penalty is worth it

Stupid is, as stupid does
    You can buy mine from me. It's not the CS model. But I made a little ghetto CS with the LSC. I attached a hobby wrench. Works great on those long climbs. PM me for info.
    Pivot Mach 6 (Currently being built)
    Yeti SB95C
    1993 Brodie Expresso
    RIP 1997 Santa Cruz Heckler.In 2010 the frame cracked

mtbr member

Cane creek DB air or DB air CS for Mojo HD

You don't like it??

Stupid is, as stupid does
    I loved it. It was a mind blowing experience. Left me speechless. I crashed bad last august (before I had the CCDBA. It actually arrived the day after I fractured my wrist) and fractured my wrist. I couldn't ride for 5 months. Because of the nature of my break I cannot afford/risk/take a chance of crashing at all for the next 1 1/2 years at least (Or my wife, Orthopedist, & boss will kill me). I fractured a very slow healing bone. So I am focusing more on distance riding 20-30 mile rides. The CCDBA climbs great but it adds .7lbs to my bike over my current shock. I am having a custom tuned Rock Shock monarch plus built for me. I will try that for a while and see how it goes. I can always find another CCDBA for a good price.
    Pivot Mach 6 (Currently being built)
    Yeti SB95C
    1993 Brodie Expresso
    RIP 1997 Santa Cruz Heckler.In 2010 the frame cracked

mtbr member
    I picked up a CCDBA CS in December. So far I really like it, much nicer than the Fox RP23 it replaced.

mtbr member
    ScottW, if you don't mind me asking what settings are you running on your CS. I've got one on order and am looking to see if the base tune from CC is accurate. I'm about 190 riding weight on a Mojo HD 160

mtbr member
    The CC settings are a good starting point. I'm now using 1.75 turns HSC, 6 clicks LSC, 2.75 turns HSR and 13 clicks LSR. 110 psi, weight geared up to ride is about 165.