mtbr member
    Apr 2012

can the parts on 2009 intense tracer vp transfer to mojo hd?

Hi,

I have a 2009 intense tracer fitted with 2012 XT 2x10 26/38 setup. Can the whole drive train be transferred to a 2012 mojo HD?
    if not, what can be re-used or what do I need to modify?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I think the only thing that might not work is the front derailuer since the Mojo is a direct mount. Everything else should be fine. I switched from a 2009 tracer to a mojo hd this year, it's a nice upgrade. You'll certainly notice the stiffness of the HD frame, tracks much better in rough stuff.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    thanks so much for the info.
    I am now using rp23 and revelation on my tracer.

Got a mojo with 2012 float 36 and 2012 kashima rp23. Have not build yet. Been mauling over if I should sell off the fork and shocks and change to marz tst air (or vector air RC or CCDBair) and vengeance HLR?
    Your thoughts? Been reading the thread on Mojo HD and CCDB air and seems like everyone changes the rp23 and float...

mtbr member
    Well I have a bad history with Marz. Had one of the earlier 55's/tst and it stunk. Was always blowing o rings etc so I'm done with Marz. I know lots of people bag on the RP23 but I have no problem with it. I"m around 160 so it may be worse for bigger guys. My wife has the float 36 on her mojo hd and I think its a nice fork. I would bet most people keep the rp23 and float but the people who change them out post more.

Now that I think of it your headset probably won't work on the Mojo HD. I ordered a new headset when I got my frame but I'm pretty sure the sizing is different.

mtbr member
    Tracer is a full 1.5 headtube, not tapered. If you are running a full 1.5 fork then you will need a new stem as well. That is going to be the biggest issue. FD is a fairly minor change.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    That is really helpful guys! Guess I will keep the float n rp23 cause I am 160+ as well. Yeah, headset has to change.
    Was more concerned abt the cranks cause when I download the HD compatibility chart, it says shimano 26/38 is not compatible. Seems like its not much of an issue after hearing from you.
    cheers!