mtbr member

Can I hang my bike by the KS i950?

Is it safe to hang my bike on my bike stand by the post? I thought I read that its not recommended to hang a bike by the Reverb and I'm wondering if its the same for the i950?

I didn't even ride the bike yet and I could tell it is already worth it having the adjustable post. Its a well made piece and looks awsome on the bike. I can't to go on my first ride with it. My area can be constantly changing elevation and there were many times last year where I would have rather raised my seat than worry about what gear I was in. The cable was the perfect length, it works with my ODI grips and the cable housing looks good against the black carbon fiber. So far I'm happy with it
    Trust the Dummy....

aka dan51
    Hang it like as by the seat on a tree branch, or clasp it in a stand for maintenance?
    I hang mine all the time with no worries, but never clamp it in a stand on the moving part. That was done to it once and the next day it stopped working.
    Coincidence? Maybe.
    Cause and Effect? Maybe.
    I just don't do it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    I was actually going to hang it on the flag pole and give it the Ol'solute every morning to start me day off right. I'm thinking its cause and affect. I also don't want to mar up the surface of the seat post stanchion so I'll just raise the whole post and clamp it in the stand from there. Don't know why I didn't think of that.....
    Trust the Dummy....

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash Dummy View Post
    ...so I'll just raise the whole post and clamp it in the stand from there. Don't know why I didn't think of that.....
    That's what I do. Lower the seat first and there won't be any cable issues when you bring the post up for clamping. This is the one thing about the cable moving up/down with the seat that I like. On my gravity dropper I have to get cable slack from elsewhere when I raise it for maintenance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".