mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Calling on all Ibis Alibi owners... I need help...

I have an old Butterscotch 15.5" Ibis Alibi. Does anyone know or remember the standover height on this specific frame? The reason I ask is I am thinking of getting a new SS frame and am trying to determine what size frame I should get.

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

You rang?....

Info from the Ibis charts lists the SO on the size small (that's 15.5" c to c, 17" c to top) as 29.6 ". I just measured my TiMojo (identical geometry as the alibi) at 30.0" right at the mid-point of the top tube. That's with an 80mm Atom Race, a slightly taller fork than average, and 2.1" tires. I'm sure you already know this, but you should be concerning yourself mainly with the top tube length, which on the small alibi is listed at 22.25" (I measured at closer to 22.5")

Butterscotch, eh. Lovely color. Selling it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Thanks Alibi...

Quote Originally Posted by alibi
    Info from the Ibis charts lists the SO on the size small (that's 15.5" c to c, 17" c to top) as 29.6 ". I just measured my TiMojo (identical geometry as the alibi) at 30.0" right at the mid-point of the top tube. That's with an 80mm Atom Race, a slightly taller fork than average, and 2.1" tires. I'm sure you already know this, but you should be concerning yourself mainly with the top tube length, which on the small alibi is listed at 22.25" (I measured at closer to 22.5")

Butterscotch, eh. Lovely color. Selling it?

Appreciate your reply Alibi, thanks!

My Alibi is actually 15.5" center to top, which makes it a x-small frame. I think my frame is just a tad small both on the top-tube and seat tube length. Do you by any chance have the standover and top-tube length on and x-small frame?

Sorry but I do not have any plans on selling my frame. I love this bike and specially the color so much I am thinking of having my full suspension bike re-painted with the same Ibis Butterscotch... Thanks for asking though...

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

stay tuned...

I will dig around and see if I can come up with those numbers and will post back if so. Yours measures 15.5" from BB center to the very top of the seat tube? Off the top of my head, I'd guess the SO to be ~28.5" and the TT length to be ~21.75". Remember that the TT length is effective length, i.e. parallel to the ground, not along the tube.

Butterscotch is one nice color allright; mine's Eddy Orange. It's in a box right now, while I exercise this TiMojo. I don't think I'd ever sell mine either.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Heres a link to ibis' old web site. It lists the standover on the 15.5" at 28.6".
    http://ibiscycles.consumedesign.com/...mojo/geometry/

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Thanks for the response

Thanks Alibi and StephenJ. This will help me a lot in deciding what size frame to get for my SS bike.

Best regards.