mtbr member
    Feb 2012

cable routing advice on mojo hd

My pile of mojo parts is almost complete, i'm still waiting for a parcel from bos but my lbs has said the forks and shock should be here on wednesday so now i'm looking at how everything goes together,
    i run right hand rear brake, and left hand dropper post so on my bar i'll have front shifter, dropper post lever and front brake on the left, and rear shifter and rear brake on the right, i'm thinking that seeing as both left hand cables go on the top tube they would be best going round the head tube and both being clamped into the first cable clamp from the right hand side, and the same for the lower routing, both cables come from the right, round to the left hand side of the downtube and clamped, is this what everybody does or is there a better way?

next the front mech, it seems to work best if the front mech cable runs on the left, and round the back side of the seat tube, dropper cable on the right to the ks lev static cable junction facing out to the right hand side, again is there a better way?

i'm also thinking rear mech cable down the left hand side of the downtube and at the bottom, crossing over the brake line to the right to produce a smoother curve to the side cable tiepoint for smoother cable pull, is there any pinch points to look out for once the suspension is in motion, wouldn't like to loose my rear brake dur to the hose being squashed or split, i'll be running the poly downtube protector when my lbs finaly manage to get me one,

finally the rear mech cable, where it terminates at the xtr mech, is it better inside the chainstay or round the outside?

so excited now, its been a long wait and alot of money but i'm so happy with everything, just waiting for bos now,

mtbr member
    May 2011
    If you go to the IBIS website they have a PDF Manual which has all the cable routing in it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post
    If you go to the IBIS website they have a PDF Manual which has all the cable routing in it.
    Thank you canuck_tacoma,

I believe it is page 12 found here...

Set-Up Guide | Support | Ibis Cycles US

Cheers, Todd