mtbr member

To buy or not to buy...

I think the ibis Mojo SL is one of the sexiest bike right now. I am planning to buy it as a frame only and swap all the parts of my current bike...an Specialized enduro Pro 2004...but all parts are 2009-2010(Mavic ST wheels, Deus XC crank 2010,easton carbon handlebar,Time Roc Atac carbon, thomson stem,etc...).
    Anybody knows the difference in performance between the specialized and Ibis Mojo SL?

Thank you

PS This picture is from my actual bike...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails To buy or not to buy...-21082009629a.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I can't speak towards the ride differences, although I can certainly say you'd be dropping a dramatic amount of weight between frames!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I bought an Enduro for my brother a couple of years ago. The enduro has a nice plush feel (like most FSR setups). The Mojo, in my opinion, has a slightly less plush feel but a more efficient pedaling performance. You almost feel a forward surge when pedaling hard on the Mojo's DW link. I can't remember what the geometry was like on the Enduro though.

Clem

mtbr member
    i went from a 2005 Enduro 130 (same style frame) to a Mojo SL. With the Float 150 on the mojo I was surprised that it feels like a lot more bike than the Enduro. I was expecting that I'd find the main difference with mojo to be a better climber but I actually notice it way more on the downhills - when it's great fun. It's 4lbs lighter than the Enduro which helps a bit on the climbs!

mtbr member
    I have a 2004 Enduro that I purchased initially to turn a profit on it, but ended up keeping it for my girlfriend to ride. I don't ride it very often since it's too small for me, but I've ridden it enough times to get a rough feel for it.

The Enduro is much stiffer than the Mojo and has a sharper turn-in. The Mojo feels smoother, but the Enduro feels sharper in the turns. In rough corners, the Enduro has the edge.

The Mojo is a better climber, with the exception of seated, granny-gear, technical climbing, where I like the Enduro a little better (because the chain line length doesn't change as much). With the Mojo you have to carry a little more speed though the technical stuff (which can be viewed as a good thing), but with the FSR you can just sit and slowly grind away.

On the downhills (and I'm not that much of a downhiller), both bikes are pretty close. Considering that my Enduro has less travel than my Mojo, I felt the Enduro was slightly plusher. I found it easier to change lines during rough downhills on the Enduro, but the Mojo held a line better.

The main differences between setups on my bikes are:
    Enduro: 130mm front travel, medium sized frame, tubed tires, slightly wider handlebars
    Mojo: 140mm front travel, large frame, tubeless tires

Overall I like the Mojo much better. It climbs a lot better and is lighter. It's a pleasant, smooth riding, all around bike. If you like the feel of the sharper XC style bikes, you may not like the Mojo as much.

mtbr member
    Thank you for all inputs!!!!
    My enduro's weight is 28.5lbs actually.