mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Build advice please

Hi, new to the forum, I'm currently looking at the following build to replace a stolen Blur LT, any thoughts?
    I am 6ft2 and had a large Blur which was a good fit, tested a Large Mojo and it felt a little bit smaller, not sure if the XL would be better?
    I am also looking at the bare carbon, as I am a bit fussy about scruffy paint, and figured that bare would look good for longer, is this true?

Ibis Mojo bare carbon
    Fox Float 36 RLC Talas
    Hope Mono M4 Disc Brakes floating rotors
    Race Face Deus XC X-type chainset
    Race Face Next Carbon Riser Bar
    Race Face Good N Evil Grips
    Hope Stem
    Thomson Elite Seatpost
    Wheelset DT Swiss 4.2 & Hope 2 hubs
    Hope Skewers
    Shimano XTR Shifters
    Shimano XTR Rear Mech
    Shimano XTR Front Mech
    Shimano XT Chain
    Shimano XTR Cassette
    SDG Bel Air Rl Ti Saddle
    Continental Vertical Pro 2.3 Tyres
    DMR V12 Magnesium Pedals

www.derbyrims.com
    Good looking build list. The clear carbon nicks and scrapes can be touched up using clear paint or clear finger-nail polish to be very near invisible, paint color would be harder to cover and feather in as near perfectly.

I'm 6'1 on a large size which is a bit short in wheelbase for higher speeds, but I like a more upright fit and the shorter wheelbase for the tight single-track switchbacks I often ride. I could be very comfortable on the XL too, but I've always preferred shorter wheelbase.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Nothing wrong with that build. But I don't understand why people run Shimano chains. Unless you put a the SRAM powerlink or some copycat of that, it would be such a pain in the arse to clean it IMO. Once I went with SRAM, I can't believe why it took me 2 years to switch.