mtbr member
    Feb 2012

brake hose length for medium hd please

hi, I'm still waiting for my mojo hd to arrive but I've got a few bits ready to build it up when it finally gets here, I'd like to re use my hope race m4 brakes but I'm not sure if the hose for the rear will be long enough for my medium mojo hd frame. could someone please measure theirs, roughly how long, I don't need it to mm,
    cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Mine is about 56 inches and is cutting close on the short side. Good luck!

MTBR Contributing Editor
    Mine is at 57"

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    thanks for the replays guys, I got my frame today but my hose is too short, can't decide if I should sell my m4 race brakes and try xtr trail brakes,
    or just get a longer hose for my m4's
    or sell my magura mt4's on my cannondale flash, buy some hope race x2 and use the new hose off that on my mojo hd, the one I have is long enough for the flash, I like the hope race levers and modulation, never felt like I needed more power than the m4's either, and I don't like the magura's much, flappy levers, all plasticy and flexy with rattly BAT adjusters

mtbr member
    Keep the Hopes and get a longer line. M4's are awesome.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    keep the Hopes and buy the Jagwire lines and their Hope Kit..I will never change Hopes by Shimano

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    i'm keeping the m4's, i got some new hope hose from wiggle, enough for front and rear, i cut it nice and long and managed to re-use all the hose inserts and olives, just waiting now for my bos devilles and i can build it all up, come on bloody frenchies get yer finger out, been waiting for 8 weeks now,