OregonMojo
    Feb 2007

Brake Hose Length?

Mojo Frame will be here Wednesday, picking up last build parts over next couple of days.

Can anyone confidently recommend the brake hose lengths I should get to start with, given a Large frame and a 645mm/25.4-inch wide handlebar, using Formula Oro Puro brakes.

My choices are 850 or 1,000 mm front and 1,500 or 1,650 mm rear.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

OregonMojo
    Feb 2007

Nevermind!

Thanks, slysi! Question answered. I totally missed that thread even after weeks of reading & posting on this forum

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    No problem - I just happened to be looking for exactly the same answer. I'm also going Formula Oro Puro - considered Hope Mono Mini Pros (can get a killer deal), but after feedback from this and other forums, decided on the Formula stoppers.

Will be running them with a Med Mojo with Pace 20mm RC41 Fighters - Thinking about 180 up front, 160 back. Is this overkill with these brakes? I'm around 165lbs, ride pretty agressively, but also hear that the Formulas can be a bit 'on-off' if a large rotor is used.

Any advice from others using these brakes welcome!

mtbr member
    Interesting that you mention that.

I'll be receiving my Oro Puro's (with 180/160) sometime this week. I'll let you know how they fare.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have Oro Puro's with 180/160 disc combo and I love it!
    Great controllable power! Stoppies with one finger..

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    OK - I'm easily convinced (I was leaning this way anyhow) - time to get orderin'

Then I just need shifters and rear der and I'll be up and running! Can't wait