mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Brake hose clips

On my current bike, the brake hose is attached to frame on the rear triangle with a special clip rather than a zip tie. Looking on the internet I couldn't find them, and my brakes didnt have any deliveried with them.

Does anybody know which manufacturer makes them and what exactly they are called? It would make it easier for me to find them online.

Thanks
    jever

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Not sure if it helps but I have come to the conclusion that zip ties actually work better than those little clips anyway. The zip ties cinch firmly around the hose and keep it from sliding back and forth inside the stop. Zips also have less of a tendency to pop off unexpectedly mid ride like the clips often will, leaving you with a floppy hose all the way home. Your LBS should have some lying around if you need some though.

Slovakia (Europe)
    Plastic C-clips work well, if correct size is used - they are available for 5 mm and 6 mm brake hose. And look much better, than zip ties. Usually the are supplied with the frame. Unfortunately Mojo supplied C-clips don't fit well to the brake frame seats.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    jever i'm guessing your talking about the c clips, in the bike shop we don't usually put them on bikes as sometimes they can fall off, i would just use a zip tie save the money. However, they do look nicer, but they sometimes can reallly wear down the brake hose

You know my steez...
    Mine broke off immediately! I used small black zip ties and cut off the excess. It looks clean and they'll never come off.
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

good lookin' out BunnV

I'm glad you hipped me to tha before I started my builds.I was looking at how cool they look-but looks are decieving! ,

Slovakia (Europe)
    I have had no problems with C-clips on Stumpie and Epic for 5 years, if mounted correctly. Unfortunately Mojo brake hose seats are too wide to be used with supplied C-clips, clips tend to break or jump out. Ugly zip ties seem to be the only option. Maybe I'll try to adapt C-clips and give them a try.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    If you get the small zip ties they look much better than the big ones. You can turn the little end juncture around so it's almost hidden from view. I think they look even cleaner than the supplied clips.

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by sessionrider
    If you get the small zip ties they look much better than the big ones. You can turn the little end juncture around so it's almost hidden from view. I think they look even cleaner than the supplied clips.
    I agree. That's exactly how I did mine. You can barely see the small black zip ties against the black brake hose.
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....