mtbr member
    Jul 2010

BOS Vip'R damper on HD

Hi,

I'm looking for a new damper for 2012 and currently I'm considering switching to BOS' new baby.

Has anyone here had any experience using it on HD? Preferably the newest 2012 model, but all opinions are welcomed.

The general feedback it gets is super positive, it's supposed to be the most spring-alike air shock with proper progression. Problem is there is very few "normal" users' opinions and I don't really trust sponsored reviews...

Thanks in advance for any info.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I'm also interested in hearing rider opinions on the BOS products. Unfortunately I think the only place even remotely near me that sold them in the US no longer carries them. I would have to imagine I can find a way to get them in the states.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by charmon2 View Post
    I'm also interested in hearing rider opinions on the BOS products. Unfortunately I think the only place even remotely near me that sold them in the US no longer carries them. I would have to imagine I can find a way to get them in the states.
    But consider ease of future service. Would be a PITA.

mtbr member
    Perhaps check out the Nicolai MTBR forum. There is a fair bit of experience and discussion regarding the BOS stuff there.

*3o3

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Small bump, hoping some of you had a chance to test it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I run a VIPR on my HD140 along with a set of BOS Devilles. Doesn't have the small bump sensitivity of a Fox but when the going gets rough, it is super controlled, especially in combination with the forks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    I run a VIPR on my HD140 along with a set of BOS Devilles. Doesn't have the small bump sensitivity of a Fox but when the going gets rough, it is super controlled, especially in combination with the forks.
    i bit the bullet and ordered a mojo hd 140 today and am looking at putting a deville and vipr on it so i'd like to get those ordered some time soon too, can you tell me what size shock you bought? the standard mojo hd 140 shock is 200mm with a 50mm stroke, is your bos vipr the 200mm x 57 stroke as in the bos compatibility page or is it the 200mm x 51 stroke that bos compatibility page says fits the mojo sl?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I Have devilles and was considering a Bos shock. The shame is that if you are outside of Europe servicing is an issue and this company in particular is a complete PITA to deal with outside of sales lol
    Polar opposite to Ibis in fact

Mtb Guide
    Nzl62 we have a Xfusion distributor in ChCh Bos is cool but if ya cant get local servicing lr tunning options big risk, though Im sure Aussie BOS distributor could handle it, still hassle to send away and extra cost.

XFusion seems to get such a good wrap, I wonder why you"d pay the extra for less?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Funny thing happened this afternoon
    Devilles shat themselves. Kinda like they saw my post and decided on revenge.

Basically they stiffened up and rebound slowed. By the time I got back to the car they had improved slightly. I will let the air out cycles them a few times to see whats what.
    In the meantime I guess the Zocche 55's are going back on! Just fortunate that I have two forks for the HD

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Mav

bought the Bos Devilles in the UK on a trip back. X fusion worth a look but hard to look past a set of M 55 EVO Ti. Bomb proof and prob the one of the plushest out there

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by nzl62 View Post
    Mav

bought the Bos Devilles in the UK on a trip back. X fusion worth a look but hard to look past a set of M 55 EVO Ti. Bomb proof and prob the one of the plushest out there
    Ah see would be expensive buying a BOS from here aye.

Agree on the Zochi they are based here too which is a bonus, but really like the damping setup info feedback I keep hearing on XFusion plus really like the Vector air rear shock as well, for me my Fox setup will be my 140mode option, but 160mode right now XFusion has its nose in front and be good to try something different as well.

Bang for performance is impressive as well, which shows we have been paying for over priced under performing stuff for way to long, so Im keen to support people doing it right performance wise and cost wise they deserve to be successful.

But its good to see Marz back in the game though, def an option.