mtbr member
    Apr 2007

BOS or Pike for my new HDR

Torn here, should I go with the BOS or the Pike for my new HDR>?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I can't speak to the Pike, but I CAN say that the jump from my Push'd RS Revelation 150 to the 160 Bos Deville TRC Tapered on my HD was night and day. The Revelation just couldn't keep up with the responsiveness, dampening, tracking, and overall smoothness of the Bos. I recently sent my Bos to Prestige for servicing and slapped the Revelation back on my mojo, and it only serves to confirm my suspicions that the Bos is a truly superior product. Sure, it's a little heavier and more expensive, but it's absolutely worth every penny and gram.

mountain biker
    I was faced with the same choice a few weeks ago and chose the Pike. Availability, price and weight were the factors that tipped me in favour of the Pike. That said, in no way to I regret my choice, in the three rides I've done with the Pike, I am consistently amazed at how smooth, responsive it is and at how much traction I have with it. I'm hitting sections faster, but with more control so I can pick my lines better. It's like it has given me more time to see and process the trail. Kinda weird. Matches the pushed monarch I have on the back nicely.
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    dacarbon - can you give some color on what Prestige was like to deal with on maintenance and parts? Looking at the same decision and maintenance support/parts availability are my only fear with BOS and their entrance into the US Market. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dacarbon View Post
    I can't speak to the Pike, but I CAN say that the jump from my Push'd RS Revelation 150 to the 160 Bos Deville TRC Tapered on my HD was night and day. The Revelation just couldn't keep up with the responsiveness, dampening, tracking, and overall smoothness of the Bos. I recently sent my Bos to Prestige for servicing and slapped the Revelation back on my mojo, and it only serves to confirm my suspicions that the Bos is a truly superior product. Sure, it's a little heavier and more expensive, but it's absolutely worth every penny and gram.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Sorry about the delayed response - I have been out of town. Prestige is basically run by one guy, Marc Castellano. He's very knowledge about the Deville that I sent to him to get serviced, and responds quickly to both emails and phone calls. It was about a two-week turnaround to get the fork back, but one of those weeks he was gone due to the BC Bike Race so probably would have been faster otherwise. Overall, I'm quite happy with the service!