mtbr member
    Jan 2007

BOS Deville + Mojo HD?

Anyone considering this combination?

www.derbyrims.com
    Good looking fork. I'll want a fork that with infinite travel adjust higher and lower than 160mm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yep, add the BOS Air shock when available and it will be sweet dreambike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Bumping this to see if anyone has gone this route.....

mtbr member

banned
    Apr 2010
    It's kind of funny that when people want the scoop on something on mtbr, we get links to competing sites

Leq
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    There's one combination. Haven't ridden the fork (or HD) yet, still waiting 10 speed XTR stuff to show up.
    Last edited by Leq; 10-05-2010 at 09:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    At least you wont get any flats unless they are flat spots

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Any update on your build Leq? Interested to hear your thoughts on the fork :-)

BTW, does anyone know if the Deville can be reduced to 140mm (to suit the Mojo HD 140?)

Leq
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    The fork is soo good. No stiction at all, nice progression on the air spring curve and really good open bath damping cartridge.
    On my SL I've got a Push'ed Revelation (140mm) and Deville feels better on all aspects. Except the weight (2080g with full lenght steerer) of course.

The flipside of the coin is that rear end of the HD feels... uh...not so good at all with the stock Fox. There must be something wrong with this RP23 or maybe I've just been spoiled with so many years with Push'ed shocks?

I haven't ridden the latest offering from RS or Fox so can't compare to those but with the recent price drop to 800 euros you just can't go wrong with this?

Next question - should I get a BOS Stoy?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    but with the recent price drop to 800 euros you just can't go wrong with this?
    That's kind of my thinking as well... so I've ordered one, 710 delivered

Good to hear you're loving it, nice to have a purchase validated a little by someone elses personal experience!

Next question - should I get a BOS Stoy?
    I'll be hanging out for the upcoming BOS air shock I think, though a STOY would be cool as well...

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Leq
    There's one combination. Haven't ridden the fork (or HD) yet, still waiting 10 speed XTR stuff to show up.

Great looking bike. one of the nicest I've seen in this forum.

Leq
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tensim
    I'll be hanging out for the upcoming BOS air shock I think, though a STOY would be cool as well...
    This is the one and only pic i've seen:

Just sent an email to BOS and asked where they are going with that project.

>pvflyer

Thanks, still a work in progress. Those wheels are from my SL and are to be replaced with Enve in near future.

SweFrogger
    Jun 2007
    Did you hear back from BOS?

Last time I heard about the STOY air it was not to be out before Beginning of next year.

I will be putting my Deville on my MOJO later this week hopefully! cant wait....

Leq
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Heard nothing from BOS.

Got a bit tired of waiting so went with Elka Stage 5 instead. Mainly because shop that sells (tunes) those is located only 1hour away. Ti coil after I know what spring rate is needed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Fitted my Deville to the HD yesterday and got out to ride on it today.

First off I should say that the Surrey Hills are not the sternest test of a set of forks, especially in Winter. However, after a 3hr ride I got a good sense of their character. First off they feel pretty plush out of the box, but then these days so do most forks. Out on the trail, at slow speed there is nothing special to comment on - its not coil-plush, but nothing to complain about. Once the speed picks up however, I started to feel the damping was providing just that bit more control than the Fox Float 36's these replaced. Difficult to be precise on what it was, but over downhill sections of roots I seemed to focus less on the roots but more on picking the turn-in points on the corners, leaving the fork to cope with the roots and me to focus on the lines.
    Stiffness-wise, they look slimmer than the 36's, but out on the trail I didn't notice any lack of stiffness.
    Weight-wise, with steerer at same lengths, the BOS is 150g lighter than the 36's (2010 model).
    I didn't tinker with any settings today, with the factory ones seeming to do the job. I would note though that the rebound adjust is very fine, with not a huge difference end-to-end of the adjuster knob.

All-in-all, taking into account slightly lower weight, the new pricing point, and the better control, I reckon these forks are better than the Fox Floats - not by a massive amount but noticeable, and deserve to sell well.