mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Best head angle for Mojo HD

Been running my 2012 HD with a Talas 160/120 and a head angle range of 67.5 to 69.5. Just wondering if anyone is running lower HAs (like 66.5 to 68.5) and if so how they find it?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'm running a Lyrik 170 with a -1 degree Angleset. I guess that puts the HA somewhere between 65.5-66 degrees and I absolutely love it. I set it up that way for FR and park days but I have used it a bunch for regular trail and AM stuff and it's still great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've got my 160HD with a Van 170 and 1 degree Angleset HS like crlavoie above so my HA is the same approx. I do notice that the front wanders and I have to push down a bit when climbing so its not quite idea for that but like he said above, its great for the downhills. If you like TALAS, then this is not an issue. I'm not a fan of adjustable travel myself, so I'll suffer the climbs for sake of great DH action.

So HA then is a matter of personal preference. You'll never know for sure until you try it out at different settings.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    ibis quote the HA @ 160mm fork as being 67 degrees

i run an angle set and i've just fitted an offset bushing to the front of the shock

pasted from the HD action thread-

"i couldn't tell you exactly. i changed the front bushing, offset by 2.5mm max
    working on some VERY basic principles-
    working on the leverage ration of being jabout 2.5 to 1 that means it sucks the rear wheel up by about 6-7mm
    whichwill be about 2mm at the BB and maybe -1/4 degree at the head angle

it doesn't sound like much but it does make a noticeable differance

combined with the angleset whch 'those in the know' calculate to give -1.2 degrees on a medium frame i've probably sackened it of by almost 1.5 degrees from the original 67 degrees taking it about 65.5 degrees

the bike does slide corners differently now, maybe actually running a decent front tyres has hepled too!!

give it a try, they are cheap anyway and take 5 minutes to install "

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have not played with an angleset on my HD, but have run my fork at 180, 170, and 160. With out a doubt the fork set at 170mm feels the best in terms of body position, cornering, and all around ripping. It strikes the perfect balance on the bike.
    I hated the Talas on my HD and swapped the internals for a Float. With the fork at 170mm the bike still climbs extremely well, and maintains all of the downhill ripability of the 180mm.
    Not sure if this at all answers your question.....