mtbr member

Been a while.. what's the consensus now? CC DBAIR or Monarch plus?

Been suffering with my stupid rp-23. Finally have the money to upgrade. I've always had in my mind going with the monarch plus, but I know there's been alot of discussion on the DBAIR. I am 150lb and ride all mountain, and xc with my 160mm HD. I bought a specific DH bike, so, not really lookin to ride it on alot of DH, maybe the bike park for some jump lines, but that's it. Nate from bikeco.com had suggested the Marz roco tstr but... has been over 6 months with no one getting back to me on stock... I guess I'm looking for input on what would be the best upgrade for my type of riding.. a set it an forget it shock is more my style as well.. I don't feel like playing with it every time I go out and ride... I appreciate anyones input that will lead me in the right direction. Thanks
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Get an X-Fusion Vector Air HLR w/ DW-Link tune from the factory, it is a killer shock.

Too Much Fun

I'd also consider getting your current Fox PUSH'd. I did mine and love it. Feels like a different bike.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    I'm pretty much all done with fox.. I don't feel like spending anymore money on my fox and it's riding season now so I would be without a bike for too long!

I heard the HLR was more DH specific? I'm hopin to order something in the next week and guess I'll call bikeco an get there opinion as well.. I know when I was looking for DH performance Nate from bikeco suggested the roco tstr as the best shock available, but I also know he doesn't sell the other brands...
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    i was also looking at vector hlr and asked bikeco for their recommendation. of course they came up with either roco or vector and based my detailed description of what i was looking for suggested vector hlr. that was before x fusion hiked their prices on hlr without basically changing/improving it in any way for 2013. they didnt have 2012 model in size i needed anymore and new models were not out yet. since then i am thinking of getting ccdb air instead. with discount code it can be had for less than $500 and with hi-flow inner can it seems that they solved the full travel issue it had. besides neither vector hlr nor vengance hlr seem to be available right now.
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Bought the HD with an RP-23, didn't like it at all and switched to the Monarch Plus. Still wasn't a fan and never used the lockout so went with the DBair and will never go back to those two. Night and day difference. I spend a couple of weeks messing with the settings and then haven't touched them since. Well worth the money and really brings the DW-link to life.