endorphin addict
    Mar 2006

... and if we just ... Bartender, make mine a Guinness....

...a Guinness Foam Mojo that is!

My short story: I had recently sustained a tragedy of sorts in having a very nicely built-up Superlight stolen.... a word of caution, next time you catch yourself thinking 'I'll just be a minute...', DON'T DO IT. I had a reasonable Kryptonite cable lock with me, I passed by a shop I wanted to look in for "just a minute", and when that minute turned into just under 20 minutes, that was enough time for someone to cut my lock and make off with my Superlight... in broad daylight in a busy shopping center parking lot. Fortunately, I am lucky (?) to have had quite a few things nicked from me in my day, so my renter's insurance policy had me covered... [for those of you who don't have renter's/homeowners insurance, do yourselves a favor and spend the $20-$30/month... it has allowed me to get over the grief much more quickly and start shopping bikes again!]

I have to say, the Blur and the Stumpy FSR Expert were at the top of the lust list, wanting to make a transition from a single pivot to a different suspension design. VPP, Horst...

Then my LBS told me the story of Ibis. He told me about their history, and the recent return with two great frames. He told me to check this forum and to TRY to find something negative about this bike that the owners didn't try to solve themselves-personally. They set up a test Mojo in my size and told me to try it on the trail.

And I did.

I'll skip the almost obligatory preaching to the choir about the incredible climbing ability, AND the awesome decension, AND the crisp response with the CUSH laid-back feel, AND the feather light weight, AND the sweet DW-Link suspension, AND the rest of the ANDS....

Folks, this is serious. Hands down, THE most fun I have had on a bike in years. Hats Off, Ibis. I was cracking myself up as the wind whisked by, coyotes howling, hawks soaring... it was one of those epic rides through the Santa Cruz coastline that challenges you and exhilirates you in one sweet motion-- the reason I get out and do this. I was peaking the entire time on the Mojo...

I put the downpayment down today. Guinness Foam won out over the naked carbon. It's just SUCH a cool color, ESPECIALLY outside. The way it complements the black and chrome is like looking at the work of an artist.

I made some minor adjustments to the SX parts kit, upgrading out the x-9 rear derailleur for and X-O. Made the move to Juicy 5's over the Hayes brakes. The bike builders said the bike will be completed on Wednesday, when I'll get properly sized and possibly make some stem and seatpost adjustments. Otherwise, it is ALL there. Ready to go. They even have some helicopter tape in stock ready for some extra protection where needed. I'll be back posting some pics, everyone needs to check out this color...

Thanks all on this forum who continue to contribute and make it easier to make informed decisions. Thanks to my LBS, Spokesman Bicycles, for turning me on to such a cool ride and a cool company. And thanks, Ibis- for really knocking it out of the park with the Mojo. Here's to happily ever after...

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    non-stop fun times ahead for you

I finally got around to riding my Ibis at Keystone today - yep it works at lift assisted as well!