You Are What You Is

Attention Ibis afficianados.....

I saw a Mojo Ti recently that I'm possibly interested in buying. Can someone tell me what year was the last for production of Ibis frames and what year this one could possibly be? Also, what do you think is the approx. value of the attached frame only? Assuming it's in great condition, or "unscathed" as the seller put it. I would be using the frame as a SS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

I'll take a shot...

That frame is likely a '99; the down tube decal and lack of "Hand Job" hanger are the indicators. Ibis still turned out a few frames in 2000, but they were very near the end by then, and I don't think any Ti frames were produced in that year. As for value, that's up to you. I kinda choked on what I paid for my '97 TiMojo a couple years ago, but have come to realize it was worth every penny. Puleeeeze don't cut the hanger off that frame!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Hey that's what I do with my Ti Mojo. It's now a SS courtesy of an EBB surgery. Not sure about the model year. I don't have a "hand job" hanger. You have to place a value on owning a unique boutique frame (with no chance of warranty) versus the other Ti frames that are out there. In good shape used up to a grand???? I love this bike, it fits me well and rides phenomenally. It is an especially nice counter point to a geared full suspension rig, what a difference to go back and forth.
    Tim

My Ti Mojo SS

You Are What You Is
    Thanks for the info. I thought they made frames up until 2001. The frames sold for $2000 new, right? The guy is asking $1250 for it, but I'm trying to get him down to $1000. What years did they incorporate the handjob cable guide?

You Are What You Is

Hey timl..........

Quote Originally Posted by timl
    Hey that's what I do with my Ti Mojo. It's now a SS courtesy of an EBB surgery. Not sure about the model year. I don't have a "hand job" hanger. You have to place a value on owning a unique boutique frame (with no chance of warranty) versus the other Ti frames that are out there. In good shape used up to a grand???? I love this bike, it fits me well and rides phenomenally. It is an especially nice counter point to a geared full suspension rig, what a difference to go back and forth.
    Tim
    Who did your EBB conversion and how much did it cost? I'd probably go the same route.
    Last edited by P-Funk; 06-03-2004 at 10:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk
    Thanks for the info. I thought they made frames up until 2001. The frames sold for $2000 new, right? The guy is asking $1250 for it, but I'm trying to get him down to $1000. What years did they incorporate the handjob cable guide?
    I have a 2001 Silk Ti therefore they made ti bikes in 2001.

I think they stopped making the handjob cable guide around 00/99 or maybe even before.

I was so hoping this thread was that Castellano had started to make the silk ti again because I really wanted a custom one or at least one with disk tabs on the back and a longer top tube.

You may want to try the custom or (sadly) retro forum.

You Are What You Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    I have a 2001 Silk Ti therefore they made ti bikes in 2001.

I think they stopped making the handjob cable guide around 00/99 or maybe even before.

I was so hoping this thread was that Castellano had started to make the silk ti again because I really wanted a custom one or at least one with disk tabs on the back and a longer top tube.

You may want to try the custom or (sadly) retro forum.
    I think Castellano is working on the Silk ti design again. Check his website: http://www.castellanodesigns.com/fango.html. He's already reincarnated the Ripley as the Fango.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk
    I think Castellano is working on the Silk ti design again. Check his website: http://www.castellanodesigns.com/fango.html. He's already reincarnated the Ripley as the Fango.
    I already emailed him about it. I'm probably getting a new bike in the fall or the winter and I want it to be a silk ti with disc tabs. He gave me the answer I got about two years ago from my bike shop... "in a few months." I'd settle for even getting disc tabs on my current bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    It was done by Dean. I think it was around $250 a year and a half ago. Took longer than they said, I think that's typical. Welds are very nice, but the EBB got slightly ovalized and there is an unsightly gap between the bottom of the shell and the eccentric. Performance has not been effected as far as I can tell.
    Tim

mtbr member
    Thats close to the price of a Silk Ti frame, I have one of those and the rear suspension is awesome, still feels just like a hardtail except better traction and smoother ride. I don't know if a Silk Ti would make a good SS though.