mtbr member
    May 2012

Anything I should consider before I pull the trigger on a Mojo SL Special Blend?

I've been lurking for a while, trying to figure out what bike to buy to replace my super old Stumpjumper. Up until recently I was looking at getting a Santa Cruz Superlight RXC, but I recently stumbled across the Mojo SL Special Blend at my LBS. It's definitely more expensive than the SC, but I love the frame and the weight and the additional travel.

Before I go for it, is there anything I should be concerned about? My primary issue is that it doesn't have a tapered head tube, so I'm afraid that in the future if I want to upgrade the forks I'll have limited to no choices. On the flip side I have heard that the Xfusion fork is actually pretty good for the price.

Thoughts? Concerns? Go for it?

Dropshot Champ!
    alot of us still ride the mojo classic / sl. The special blend is a great deal and the xfusion stuff is getting really good reviews.

It's leaps above a superlight. There are still plenty of great 1 1/8th fork options and there probably will be for awhile.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Go for it.

If you need convincing, Brian Lopes won the Whistler Air DH on one.

That is a great bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    The only thing to be concerned about is finding the time your going to need to ride it as much as you'll want. They are truly an amazing bike at a fantastic price. My riding buddy picked one up after borrowing my Mojo for 3 hours. I helped him set his up and the X-Fusion suspension has been really nice.