mtbr member
    Sep 2007

New question here. Anyone Seen Delivery of A Grey/Brown SL

Hi guys, has anyone seen a non matte clear sl delivered ? If so pics ?
    I was given eta by lbs of early feb. when I ordered in mid dec. I ordered a medium matte gray.
    I was wondering if any other than Outside mag's matte brown have made it here yet. Not that I could ride it anyway as bad as the weather has been here. But I could look at it !
    Thanks
    Last edited by ghawk; 02-08-2008 at 04:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Just got word that the XL-SL Gray I ordered in middle October should be showing in mid to late March. I believe mine could be in the first batch of the gray models available. Ibis offered to let me switch for a clear version that would move that date up a month to late February.

Official word on the delay is "we had to rework something on our front triangle molds last month" according to what Ibis sent to my dealer.
    Last edited by smkndrgn; 02-08-2008 at 05:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

gray/brown SL

Are these gray/brown SL colors has rubberized finish also?

mtbr member
    yes

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Mojo SL colors

Thanks Braco.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by smkndrgn
    Just got word that the XL-SL Gray I ordered in middle October should be showing in mid to late March. I believe mine could be in the first batch of the gray models available. Ibis offered to let me switch for a clear version that would move that date up a month to late February.

Official word on the delay is "we had to rework something on our front triangle molds last month" according to what Ibis sent to my dealer.
    Not good news

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Anyone know anything about Ibis having to rework something in their front triangle molds last month? I don't want to set off any panic, but was there a problem with any of the earlier SLs? I got my matte clear in late December.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by daryder
    Anyone know anything about Ibis having to rework something in their front triangle molds last month? I don't want to set off any panic, but was there a problem with any of the earlier SLs? I got my matte clear in late December.
    Page Hans he will know.
    I would not be concerned as the sl is pretty much the same bike as the classic using the same molds except with a different paint and uhm carbon fiber. If there was any severe problem it would have surfaced a long time ago. That's why I never get a 1x version of anything.
    I'm just a bit dismayed by the wait if it will really now be till april or beyond, for us Dec orders. I have not called my LBS yet. He said that Ibis told him it would be here first of feb.