mtbr member

Anyone running a Truvativ Stylo with their Mojo?

Hi,

I was just installing a new Truvativ stylo crankset on my Mojo but came across a small problem.

According to the manual, you're supposed to install a spacer between both external bracket cups/BB if the frame is a 68mm - which if I'm correct is the sizing of the Mojo.

When I do that, the crankarms basically seize up since they're "pinched" against the frame. Removing both spacers allow the crankarms to spin freely.

Anyone else experience this with their Stylo? Did you have any problems with the chainline?

Ken.

www.derbyrims.com
    If you can run without the spacers and no sideplay in the cranks, youll probably be closer to ideal chainline. If one spacer is needed for a sung fit Id put it on the left side.

Background: You can measure chainline by measuring the middle chain ring from center of frame, and middle rear cog from middle a measured point from the middle of the wheel or hub.

Ideally the center ring and center cog measurement away from center f the frame center should be equal.

But with the new external BBs most crankarms and pedals are wider and ringset center is further away from frame center than the cogset center.

mtbr member
    Derby,

Thanks for the great info as always.

I measured my chainline and it looks dead on without any of the spacers.

All I have to do now is to cut/install my Goodridge lines and I'm all set.

mtbr member
    Derby,

Thanks for the great info as always.

I measured my chainline and it looks dead on without any of the spacers.

All I have to do now is to cut/install my Goodridge lines and my 203mm front rotor conversion and I'm all set.