Well Biked
    Jun 2005

Anyone running their HD 160 with a 65 degree HA?

How do you like it for AM riding?
    I have a 180mm fork on it right now and have an Angleset that can slack it one more degree. Anybody running this configuration, and if so, does it work for AM/ trail as well as DH?

Thanks for any comments!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Well, I'm runing mine right now with a -1.5 works components angle headset. Like that it should sit at 64.5 degrees. Feels really good on the lokal trail, not a huge difference in a more or less flar environement I have to say. But due to the snow at that moment I can't coment how it runs down the mountain.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Hi. How do you like your Works Angle headset? I'm not a big fan of the CC one because of the noise it makes if not set up super tight.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'm running mine at 65.5 and it absolutely rails everything. I had my LBS install the Angleset and it's been silent since day 1. Compared side by side to something with a steeper HA it will seem a touch wandery at first for day to day trail riding but not enough to deter me even it was going to be my one and only rig.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    So far the Works Components headset feels great. Quality is really good. They are sometimes really slow at answering mails, which might be due to that they are only one or two people running the business. But once bought the delivery was very quick, it's decently priced and does what it's supposed to.

mtbr member
    I've got a -1.5* Works headset as well. I go back and forth between 160/160 and 150/140 modes. my iPhone measured the head angles at ~65.5* and 66* respectively. I like it both ways. personally I'd rather run a shorter fork with a bigger headangle adjustment than the longer 180mm fork. I like the lower BB and steeper seat tube angle you get with the shorter forks, but that's just preference.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for the comments so far!
    I settled on a 180 fork because it just felt right to me. But I haven't used my angle set since I put it on. Now I am curious what it will feel like slacking it one more degree. It's a Talas so I can drop it for climbs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I run my 180 fork with 1.5 angleset. Feels good.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Ran a 170mm fork(55RC3 ti) with a 65.3 HA last season. Angle Set did knock under hard fast hits in the rough stuff. Ordering a Works Components for 2013. I really like the handling of the slack head angle. More lean-to-turn and better in steep stuff.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Thanks. Good to know. I'm gonna try it out, and if it still knocks ill try a works.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I run my HD with 170mm fork and -1deg angleset. So far, so good, I just had to adujst my cornering technique little bit.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Thanks. I'll be getting mine back today. I could only find my 1.5 degree angleset, so its gonna be max slack! I'll give it a couple weeks to get used to.