Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    So far, only seeing HDs using this. Anyone with a Mojo SL running XX1?

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoton21 View Post
    Good to hear that the 240s are working fine. My XX1 is due next week. Hope this time the date is exact.

Maverick: could you tell me how long your chain is? I.e. how many links you took off?
    240s are awesome, Im converted to DT hub, wont be going to Kings, love Hadleys but after these not sure Id use anything else now.

Will have to check cant remember how many links we took out, but change length is def a crucial component.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    @maverick: Thanks already. That would save me quite some hassle as all HDs with XX1 should be same.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone Riding XX1 Yet?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358656881.051035.jpgMy Sl clear the 10t w very very tiny clearance .

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgrmax View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358656881.051035.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	754423My Sl clear the 10t w very very tiny clearance .
    Is that a small frame, what hub brand are you using?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    Is that a small frame, what hub brand are you using?
    My Sl is a small sized
    Industry 9 w XX1 freehub

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgrmax View Post
    My Sl is a small sized
    Industry 9 w XX1 freehub
    Hub choice is going to be interesting with the rush for manafactures to gear up for XX1 some will have it right others not so much.

Was riding with another HD rider today he was on a 160 and flying but I could hear his drivetrain bouncing all over the place from behind, mine deadly silent I would think with chain and rear d making that much noise it would be more of a concern for chainstay seatsaty bridge than XX1 just another point.

Also got me thinking maybe 140 is limiting me even though the lesser trails 140 should be better, but he accelerated like a cut cat on a flowy rooty grade 3 called Dragons tail some kiwis here will know it some may have sampled her fire, I was a little tired but still ha.

Im not a fan of i9s never owned one never will just never taken me, I dont like proprietry products, Ive seen to many rims pulled apart by theyre spokes, and hub failures, mate of mine just went to the Trans Andes race, replaced rim late last year, spokes replaced front n the front and much play in the rear hub, it failed 3 days before he left for Peru after new bearings installed, riding a Hope now as couldnt get a DT 240 in time.

Havent checked if Sram have speccs for XX1 width for hub and chainline, but to me this is not a frame issue but hub adaption / execution for the new driver body issue.

Some will be lucky some wont depending on hub you have chosen or already have that has been adapted to fit the XX1 driver body.

mtbr member
    My XX1 ships from disti today!

On the 140 over 160, Hans commented in another thread that they did some impromptu testing on climbing. He stated that the 160 setup was just as fast as the 140 going up. Made me question why even bother with 140?

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    My XX1 ships from disti today!

On the 140 over 160, Hans commented in another thread that they did some impromptu testing on climbing. He stated that the 160 setup was just as fast as the 140 going up. Made me question why even bother with 140?
    I used to run my HD at both 140mm and 160mm. I didn't really feel any difrence going up if I was just to swap shocks and keep everything else the same. When I did notice a diffrence was when I would switch to 140mm and also used my lighter wheel/tire setup. I think the lighter wheel/tire set I used in 140mm mode was much more noticable than the reduced travel.
    Im very interested in the xx1 setup, post pictures and report once you get some rides on it.

Mtb Guide
    I agree guys def doesn't seem to hinder acceleration or climbing, saying that its hard to gauge comparison, in my ride the other day I had already done a fair few miles before hooking up with the Mojo 160 rider, I do allot of miles, have ridden allot since Xmas, just had a enforced 2 day lay off haha.

Ideally Id prefer to run in 160 mode but steeper ha lighter fork means I can run all day, when I finally run 160 as an option I will probably wish Id done it sooner, fact is 90% of my riding while technical I can easily handle with less travel, the 10% keeps me excited and on my toes, I run pretty light tires as well, 2.25 Ardent/ 2.2 Icon locally our terrain again while plenty of smack also is pretty buff.
    I like my forks setup pretty stiff which also gives me a bit more punch for the harder stuff this makes up a bit for less travel, Ive actually not found the rear to be holding me back, Im the limiter haha

Enjoy the XX1 when she arrives, what hub you running it with?

mtbr member
    DT 340 as a hold over until Easton releases their body

mtbr member
    Got my first ride in yesterday and all I can say is O M G. This setup is unreal. Will post a full review later, but it was a major mudfest and the XX1 was flawless.

I will qualify this by saying I have been a Shimano XTR bigot forever. Started on the first generation of XTR and have run every iteration since then.

Mtb Guide
    Just wondering what chainline you guys are running?
    is this a home install
    or LBS install?

Ibis uses an 68mm BB.

Some full speccs here may or may not be helpful

BB setup guide

Frame fit specifications

Mtb Guide
    Hubs being produced or available, note some interesting details further down re each manufacturer.

DT Swiss: Our XD driver is compatible on any DT Swiss Star Ratchet drive hub or wheel set. Currently the XD Driver is only available as a separate purchase. Moving forward, DT Swiss will have XX1 compatible wheels and hubs in our line-up.

There are just a few exceptions that your readers need to be aware of though. Due to different internals, our DT 340 hubs or any of our pawl-based wheels/hubs are not convertible to the XD Driver. OEM wheels built from DT components, may or may not be convertible its best to check with your local bike shop prior to purchasing parts.

mtbr member
    I have my XX1 components. Now I'm waiting on my frame and fork to come so I can start my build.

mtbr member
    I'm waiting on my I9 wheels!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    I'm waiting on my I9 wheels!
    Did you opt for the new Torch hubs/wheels or the originals?

mtbr member
    I went with the originals. Just in case they have any early teething problems. I have learned the hard way that being an early adopter can backfire.

mtbr member
    Any word on an outer ring bash guard yet??

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Just a quick note to say that I have been running the XX1 Chainset with Type 2 X9 rear mech, 10 speed cassette and chain and it is working 100% well! No dropped chains yet on some very rough and muddy rides in the UK. Might be an option for those waiting for new hub bodies etc for the 11 speed cassette.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squiby View Post
    No way to attach a bash guard to the existing XX1 spider. North Shore Billet is aware of this and hopefully they will have an accessory spider that will handle the double duty chores.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by groundskeeperwilly View Post
    Just a quick note to say that I have been running the XX1 Chainset with Type 2 X9 rear mech, 10 speed cassette and chain and it is working 100% well! No dropped chains yet on some very rough and muddy rides in the UK. Might be an option for those waiting for new hub bodies etc for the 11 speed cassette.
    Or if your hub wont be XX1 compatible you could always try this LEONARDI RACING KIT MODIFICA PACCO PIGNONI 11/40 SRAM

Anyone Riding XX1 Yet?-general-lee-2-800x600.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Or if your hub wont be XX1 compatible you could always try this LEONARDI RACING KIT MODIFICA PACCO PIGNONI 11/40 SRAM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	general lee 2-800x600.jpg 
Views:	639 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	770866
    I just ordered, came to $185 shipped, now time to upgrade the front chain ring and clutch derailleur. I figure all in, it will still be under $500 which is a heck of a lot chaper than XX1. I'll post up once converted to the 1x10.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squiby View Post
    Just exchanged a few emails with North Shore Billet and he said hopefully in a few weeks they will have a accessory spider available for the XX1 with a removable rock ring which will come in a few different sizes. Good news to hear!

mtbr member
    I don't know if this is really on topic, but how much lighter is the xx1 than a 3x30 xtr setup?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast