mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Anyone racing on their Mojo?

Hey,
    I was wondering if anyone participated on any marathon or competition events on their Mojo? So far I havent heard of anyone competing on their Mojo yet

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yeah, I race mine. XC mostly, going to do a 24 hour next weekend.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

Keep Riding !!
    Yep, just finished a 5 hr enduro today (bit of a mud fest ) and have done 5 others this year (8 & 6 hrs) still have another 2-3 'daylight' enduros planned and maybe a 12 hr & 24 hr later in the year.
    Also thinking about some XC winter series races

Maybe you don't really need 5 inches of travel but a Mojo would have to be one of the best Enduro Weapons around
    Just Ride !

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I do. This photo is from a 2 hr event yesterday (also a bit of mud fest) and I will be using my Mojo in several marathons this summer. http://www.knudsensfotosenter.no/fot...9F0133A296C159

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    cool, bcuz I was really looking at a light 5" bike. I do mostly XC Trail rides, rarely jumps, but sometimes I like to go down stairs

mtbr member
    Yes, just doing some local sport class races, but I wouldn't hesitate to race it in the Expert class if I get my butt in shape. Climbs like a racer, descends like a DH bike, and light enough for the rest of the time.

Although I don't do enduros, I can't imagine a better marathon bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Yup and loving it

This was one of my biggest concerns when I got the Mojo as I was coming from a Specialized Epic, but I love it. The bike is light and fast on uphills and smokes the downhills.

I've been racing it in my local XC races at the Sport level, have used it for an 8 hour solo and a 5 person 24 hours event. In all races, I liked it a lot better than the Epic. Might just be that the geometry suits me perfectly, but based on everything I've read on this forum, I don't think it's just me.

If you're a hardcore XC racer placing well in Expert, maybe the bike would slow you down some compared to a dedicated XC rig, but I'm not convinced. Anyway, although I'm in the best shape of my life, I've got a long way to go before the Mojo slows me down at all in races.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

A Bit of XC racing.

I've raced my mojo in a couple of XC races here in Canberra. In the old farts categoey (40+). I came 5th which is one place better than when I raced on my SS. My body, especially my back felt heaps better after the race on the Mojo.