Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    I posted a detailed diagram a little further up this thread with everything you need.
    I know and its much appreciated , I was just hoping someone could give a definite thickness of the medium spacer otherwise I will just guestimate.

mtbr member
    Oh crap... my apologies... I'd convinced myself that the medium was the one I'd measured, but it was the large. The medium is not a simple disc like the small one is, it's shaped like the large but just not as tall... If nobody beats me to it I'll pop my rp23 open later and measure it for you.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    11/32 or 8.5mm tall

mtbr member
    Yep, there you have it..... well, I was gonna call it 9mm. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and post this since I went to the trouble of extraction and photographification....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Nice

I ended up using the large....I'm around 205 Riding weight. I found it really didnt effect my initial sag much but it feels firmer throughout it's travel. 200 PSI gives me around 30% sag.

Still need to take it on a proper ride to see if I'm able to use all the travel and see how it feels on chatter.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Awesome, thanks guys I really appreciate it. Just have to machine some up and wait for my seal kit to arrive.

mtbr member
    Figured it out, I have a CAD file if anyone needs it.

Thanks

I was hoping that I could get someone to measure up a large height for me I'm a bit bigger 220 on a rp23. Going to have one made up, my buddy has a 3D printer.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by kendal; 12-14-2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Figured it out
    2011 Yeti Big Top
    2012 Santa Cruz Tallboy
    1991 Cannondale m700

mtbr member
    Double post
    Last edited by kendal; 12-13-2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Double post
    2011 Yeti Big Top
    2012 Santa Cruz Tallboy
    1991 Cannondale m700

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Anyone know the measurements of the Mojo SLR shock? I have a new SLR with a Fox CTD. A buddy gave me his medium volume shim that I would like to try. I think I have a 7.875x2.25. According to foxes matrix, I shouldn't use anything but the small volume reducer. Thoughts?

2012 FLOAT Air Spring Summary

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I was under the impression that the SL-R's shock was 7.875x2 (same as HD140)

I took a look at the Pinkbike article about these spacers and it looks like they're installing it above the metal washer...which is the same place I've installed my travel-limiting shims (for 650b clearance). Would installing them there physically limit the travel of the piston? I was expecting these volume reducers to clip onto the shaft on the other side of the metal washer...
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    tdotrider is correct, the Mojo SL, SL-R, and HD-140 use 7.875x2.0 shocks. Don't put a 2.25" stroke shock on without limiting the travel.
    I haven't seen Fox's matrix but I would think it's just recommendations. I used the medium spacer in my RP23 when I reduced the travel for 650b on my Mojo SL....seems about ideal for my 170 lb, aggressive trail riding in rocky conditions. It's easy to experiment with, so go for it.
    TDO, the volume reducers snap onto the base, or head (not sure what else to call it) of the shaft up in the top of the shock....not on the shaft itself, so they will not change stroke length or interfere with travel reducer shims at all.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    thanks for the input doismellbacon. after taking a closer look at the pic in comment #12 of http://forums.mtbr.com/650b/mojo-hd-...ld-815365.html, I can see the recessed space where the volume reducing spacers would actually sit without interfering with anything moving down the shaft.

I'm about 200lbs ready to ride and can feel the rp23 blow through its travel on bigger hits, looking forward to seeing how it'd feel with a volume reducer.
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    May 2010
    You guys are correct. I measure the Stancion and it came to 2.25 but when I let all the air out, it only goes down to 2 inches. I thought it was because of the volume shim, but I took that out and it went down to the same point.
    TDO, there is a space about the metal washer where the reducers sit. So after put the ruducer in, the metal washer still sits in the same place on the shaft as if there was no reducer in it.

mtbr member
    Word
    Yeah, I was blowing thru mine at 170 lbs, med spacer did the trick.... You'll probably need to drop your air pressure ( and enjoy the fruits of better small bump absorption )
    I went from over 160 psi to 145 psi, with more sag, more cush, and better mid - deep stroke support.... Probably the best low effort big benefit upgrade I've done.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgong View Post
    Anyone know the measurements of the Mojo SLR shock? I have a new SLR with a Fox CTD. A buddy gave me his medium volume shim that I would like to try. I think I have a 7.875x2.25. According to foxes matrix, I shouldn't use anything but the small volume reducer. Thoughts?

2012 FLOAT Air Spring Summary
    If you are interested I can sell you my small volume for cheap. I'm using medium on my HD (8.5x2.5) and sold the large which I should have probably kept...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks for the offer. I put the medium in...hopefully I won't have a catastrophic failure like fox claims could happen. I really like the way the rear suspension feels now. More progressive, better small bump compliance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    hi, im broke due to my illness upgraditis lol! you think adding grease on the inside will do the same thing like the fox spacer?thank you!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yes for about 20minutes of riding........Those spacers are only $20.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3