mtbr member

Anyone have a DHX air on their Mojo?

Curious if anyone is running the DHX air. I have one on my Intense 6.6 and really like the shock. I know some complain about a lack of mid stroke damping on it but I love the tunability and super plush feel of the shock. The boost valve makes it easy to prevent bottoming while still feeling plush.

The reason I ask is I'm thinking of ordering my wife's mojo with the DHX instead of the RP23. However, if the RP23 is really good I may save the extra hundred. My wife is a lightweight, about 125 lbs, so neither shock would have to be run with high pressures.

Thanks for any input.

www.derbyrims.com
    DHX Air is more all-mountain adjustable, to be smoother and plusher, than possible with the more XC moderate firmly set compression damped RP23. The RP23 has the flick-on Propedal lever which is handy for smoother surface hard sprinting or road commutes, but I think only racer types would use any platform with the Mojo because the dw-Link is optimized for efficient pedaling so well. I tried both the RP23 and DHX Air shocks on my Mojo, and preferred the DHX Air, but due to my long time preference for coil have gone to a pre-propedal 2002 Vanilla-R, no need for the additional adjustments (and durability problems) of the DHX Coil).

There is little if any mid travel wallow or damping problem with the Mojo using the DHX Air (or any type shock). The VPP is much more rising rate in linkage and compresses through mid travel much faster. I just tried a Nomad with DHX Air vs. DHX coil, and the coil had less wallow and was even smoother over rocks. The Mojo is 1.25 inches shorter in travel and of course rides firmer, more XC like than the 6.6 or Nomad.