mtbr member

Is anybody 6' (1,83 m) with XL Mojo HD frame?

Hi!

The question is easy: is there any person here who is 6' (1,83 m) and ride a XL Mojo HD frame?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Lobanovskyy; 05-12-2013 at 06:01 AM.

mtbr member

Is anybody 6' (1,83 m) with XL Mojo HD frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobanovskyy View Post
    Hi!

The question is easy: is there any person here who is 6' (1,83 m) and ride a XL Mojo HD frame?

Thanks!
    Yes,6' fits perfect, L was too small. I use a 65mm stem and have long arms

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Interesting video regarding sizing. The key quote is that everyone is different and sizing depends on your riding style.

Video: Aaron Gwin Interviewed About Fort William and Val di Sole - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I am 5'11" and my XL mojo hd fits perfectly with an 80mm stem. I had a large mojo sl and it always felt way too small.

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    Again, I am similar built to you: 1.84m, 90cm inseam (6'0", 35.43 inseam) and ride a large HD.

Answers to your questions in various threads made me rethink my setup. I have a wide 780mm Boobar bar on my HD and rode the default Ibis stem with 70mm, plus the long Talas 180/140. I recently switched to a 90mm stem and that definitely improved my riding! Those extra 2cm significantly shift my center of gravity to the front when standing in the pedals and leaning over the bar in descend mode (aka attack position). I feel much more active and agile now in berms and corners, I'm faster! (I will re-try the 70mm soon in order to exclude that I just became a better rider in general in the last weeks, I'm curious how that will feel)

That said, the 90mm stem doesn't look right on an HD. It's not only unhip, but it's common sense these days that a shorter stem improves the handling. Random articles on stem lengths and geometry:
    50mm stems improve handling or too short? | Bike Magic (2012)
    BetterRide Mountain Bike Skills Tips (2010)

Since the XL has a 2cm longer top tube than the L, that sounds pretty good to me personally. I still have the impression from your previous posts that you are not that aggressive and playful rider whose agility will be limited by the longer frame and wheelbase. If it doesn't work for you, bring it over to Switzerland and get my L

mtbr member
    Don't believe the hype on short stems. There are several of us that run 90's and are very quick on the DH sections. I am on the podium in most Enduros I race. You have to trust the front tire, but the weight shift forward does help a lot of people in the corners. Several friends have mocked me, but are now on 85's or 90's as well. They also trie to go back, but were faster on the longer stem. If it makes you faster stick with it. I would like to hear your feedback after going back to the 70 for a few days.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain bike View Post
    I am 5'11" and my XL mojo hd fits perfectly with an 80mm stem. I had a large mojo sl and it always felt way too small.
    Thats good to hear. I am 6' and ride a L SL and thinking about an HD. The LBS has a large HD that I've ridden several times and while it feels a bit better than my L SL it still feels a smidge bit too small, but they dont have an XL to compare it to. My gut is telling me XL, I am just hoping it doesn't end up being too large.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Over the last 4 years I've ridden the XL with a 50 (mine) and demo Larges with a 70, 80, 90 and 100 (setup as a endurance racer with a 32 Talas). I'm 6'2/200lbs and have monkey arms. To me the bike doesn't handle poorly with a short, med or long stem.

How do you plan to build it and ride it? I like the smaller bike, shorter wheelbase with a 70 on twisty single track and the longer WB with a 50 on longer descents with a bigger fork, but it's a pretty small difference honestly. I like shorter stems with longer forks (170, 180) or with Anglesets because it quickens the steering a bit with the longer trail and longer stems with shorter forks (34 and 32 Floats) because it slows down the steering a bit and puts more weight over the front wheel as Salespunk mentions above. Fun for tighter singletrack, sharp turns. Again pretty subtle though.

I've played with them for 4 years and haven't found a combo that either blew me away as the "one" or was bad. Fork A2Cs are getting shorter with the lighter mid class forks. If you are throwing a 34, Slant or Pike on it I'd go longer stem/shorter bike (more trail bike); 36 or Vengeance or a Lyrik (bigger bike/slacker angles) I might go larger bike if you like the quicker steering to compensate.

Fit to me is comfort + confidence. Ride the Large with a 70 on your favorite loop a half dozen times over a week. If you want more room get the XL, if you like it get the Large. Missing out on prime riding session

-Shane
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke