Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Any Updates on the Ripley?

Anyone know more about potential availability? I heard this summer like around July/August.

I have a Tallboy that I'm not unhappy with, but I tried the DW Link in the Pivot 429 and definitely prefer it to the VPP Suspension.
    Last edited by nevermiss; 01-06-2012 at 04:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The new 29er from Ibis is the "Ripley", and it is supposed to be here in spring of 2012. I don't know when an order can be placed for them, but perhaps Ibis will ensure that they have plenty of bikes available and in the pipeline before taking orders. They didn't much like the SL-R debacle, I'll bet.

BTW, I want one. But I want it with a Cannondale Lefty.
    Last edited by DRSpalding; 01-05-2012 at 09:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Probably won't be any time soon until they get all the SL-R orders under control.
    Current Ride:
    Ibis Mojo SL-R - Medium - South Beach White
    '11 Specialized Roubaix Compact Rival

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    They've had delivery issues with every bike they've made starting with the SL, then the Tranny, then the HD and HD 140, then the new style HD, now the SLR. So you can just expect it will take a year or so to smooth out the supply when the Ripley does come out. If its released this summer, you'll have to work to get one or otherwise wait until spring of 2013 when most dealers should have them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    It seems like this is an issue with most bikes. Too much demand in the beginning.
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

www.cyclng.com

mtbr member
    I doubt it will be a summer release from the news I'm getting. I'd give it a year from now before people start receiving their Ripleys. That's my guess.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    the next mojo also will using the eccentric bushing instead on current mini link?

Can't wait to see Ripley come to my local distributor store.

You know my steez...
    Taking too long
    Must resist buying Niner.................
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Niner or ibis? The wait will be well worth it-

mtbr member
    Posted on the Ibis' Ripley page:

Delivery Update: The Ripley 29 is currently in development, prototype testing is going extremely well. First deliveries will happen sometime in 2012. Right now, we don't know when that will be. We do know that it will not be in the first quarter of the year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonylokrn View Post
    Probably won't be any time soon until they get all the SL-R orders under control.
    And the Ripley is being produced at the same factory.

mtbr member
    There's a good picture of one of the proto Ripley's on their website that looks like it's been given a good testing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

link?

I can't find the picture?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Talked to folk. Hopefully June/July for me. I may ride it at the Crested Butte Alpine Odyssey 100 in Sept. if I can get it on time and get some miles on it first.

The Crow
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

You know my steez...
    For me, the problem with the Ripley is that there is nothing distinctively "Ibis" about it, at least not at a glance. I can spot a Mojo from a mile away because of the design of the frame. Nothing else really looks like it.

The Ripley looks great, but it looks like a lot of other 29ers out there, especially in that grey/black color. I know many people like stealth and "murdered out" looks these days, but I hope Ibis offers it in some traditionally bright colors like the original Mojo carbon so that it stands out from the herd.
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yeah, they should bring back Vicious Blue. It's much more unique than the Trans Blue color.

mtbr member
    I agree on the Ripley not looking like a Mojo (obviously), and I would've liked if it did. But I think they could have made the Ripley with the Mojo-look if they wanted to (slightly lowering the damper mounting point).

mtbr member
    At a quick glance it looks similar to my old 05 S-Works FSR Stumpy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by simenf View Post
    I agree on the Ripley not looking like a Mojo (obviously), and I would've liked if it did. But I think they could have made the Ripley with the Mojo-look if they wanted to
    They could but then it wouldn't have a bottle mount on top tube, which I'm guessing is more important to the target audience. I hate cleaning my camelback tubes (which grows black stuff every couple weeks) and miss the simplicity of the 2 water bottles of my road bike... though cameback is much easier to drink out of especially on rough terrain.

The mojo bottle mount is useless (get dirt on the mouth piece right away) other than for mounting the down tube protector on the HD....

meh
    a water bottle that has a covered mouthpiece will take care of the dirt, camelbak makes them for their podium bottles...you can store your camelbak bladder in the refrigerator or freezer to inhibit growth

mtbr member
    Ibis Delivery Update: The Ripley 29 is currently in development, prototype testing is going extremely well. Our next announcement about the Ripley 29 will be when it is ready to ship. We anticipate that will be sometime in the second half of 2012. We'll release all the final details then: pricing, sizing, colors, geometry, components, etc.
    In the mean time, we're working very hard to get it in your hands as fast as we can.

mtbr member
    Sounds like it will be a 2013 bike for most.

mtbr member
    From a fellow mountainbiker who visited Ibis over the summer: The Ripley is in production and they seemed to be aiming for a late September release. However first batch is already sold out.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by simenf View Post
    From a fellow mountainbiker who visited Ibis over the summer: The Ripley is in production and they seemed to be aiming for a late September release. However first batch is already sold out.
    Is there a secret list that one needs to get on to receive this Ripley you speak of? Curious to know how they can be sold out when there is zero info on avaliability, gruppo, pricing etc. Do I need to call a dealer and give them some cash sight unseen?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast