Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adim_X View Post
    I whole heartedly stand by my statement. Just read your posts in this thread.
    Seems you're quite popular in your own visitor messages as well.

mtbr member
    Last edited by Adim_X; 01-29-2013 at 07:28 AM. Reason: I was being a prick

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Enough. I won't repeat all the above reasons as to why to back off on the Ripley, it's been eloquently stated here. You're on this thread supposedly because you love the rides Ibis has created for all of us to enjoy. We are all part of the Ibis family, not a bunch of f**king whiners.

I am ashamed that Scott and Hans have to read some of this cr*p, it's pathetic and embarrassing.
    We are damn lucky Scott had the passion, desire and incredible drive to bring Ibis back from the dead. They are putting out killer bikes now (ie I ride a SL), and they will continue to innovate.

If you want a Ripley and can pony up the coin, you WILL get your Ripley, and you will love it. Man up. If I owned the company and heard all this cr*p, frankly, I'd pull the plug and just go ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I think Ibis is just as cool as the next guy, and the Ripley will be a great bike, like all of their others, but you have to hand it to the Ibis fanboys. They take it to a new level.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Assume when "you" start your own mtnbike company, you'll show Ibis how to do it right, right?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Wow, where did that negativity come from. Calling me a whiner for stating that I decided to buy a different top of the line bike because this one was not available when I wanted to purchase it. As stated I would have waited if some more specific information was available. Hopefully Hans and Scott do read this so they can see how they could have gained another customer, unfortunately they lost one for this year. Maybe the Ripley will be my next bike, or maybe not...I just could not wait any longer.

Why would we "back off", in a discussion about a bike that is yet to be released; isn't it ok to mention why we are not waiting. Ibis is just a company making bikes for a profit... you may think that the owners poop sunflowers and embodied in their bikes is the second coming of christ, but I don't insult you for this unbridled passion.

Settle down!
    Last edited by krandrus; 01-23-2013 at 06:30 PM.

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    XC race? ^
    Yes, the El Paso Puzzler is a grueling 50 mile rock fest of a mountain bike race. I've raced all over and this is the hardest race I've ever done. I was the first to win this race back in Feb of 2008 before guys like Evan came out. They now do it on MLK weekend. Just to set things straight, Even Plews won this race 2 or 3 years ago on a freaking hard tail 26er just after coming off of a bad flu....and that was with a fit Travis Brown on his tail.
    He doesn't need any special bike to win.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I saw one on the trails in SoCal the Friday after Christmas with that BL guy pedaling it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBM View Post
    I saw one on the trails in SoCal the Friday after Christmas with that BL guy pedaling it.
    Big Lebrowsky? J Bridges lives in Santa Barbara so maybe. Cool dude!

DILLIGAF
    The Dude on a Ripley! Awesome.

mtbr member
    On Brian Lopes' twitter account I found a link to this Ripley teaser video posted a few days ago: Ibis Ripley 29" Teaser Footage - featuring Brian Lopes - YouTube

Mtb Guide
    Dam that manual was insane, wish I could manual like that the one skill Ive never been able to master ahh.

Nice edit too!

You know my steez...
    That was sweet! Love the bunny hop over the rail and the high speed wheelie!
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Sweet - so it looks like 120mm rear suspension is still the go (yay!)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6