Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by simenf View Post
    From a fellow mountainbiker who visited Ibis over the summer: The Ripley is in production and they seemed to be aiming for a late September release. However first batch is already sold out.
    Sorry, none of this is true.
    We'll announce all the details and start shipping when we have them in stock.
    Thanks everyone,
    Hans
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc View Post
    Sorry, none of this is true.
    We'll announce all the details and start shipping when we have them in stock.
    Thanks everyone,
    Hans
    Is it still 120mm rear travel?

mtbr member
    From a fellow mountainbiker who visited Ibis over the summer: The Ripley is in production and they seemed to be aiming for a late September release. However first batch is already sold out.
    This didn't make you look stupid at all.

mtbr member
    Ibis Delivery Update: The Ripley 29 is currently in development, prototype testing is going extremely well. Our next announcement about the Ripley 29 will be when it is ready to ship. We anticipate that will be sometime in the second half of 2012. We'll release all the final details then: pricing, sizing, colors, geometry, components, etc.
    In the mean time, we're working very hard to get it in your hands as fast as we can.
    Not sure if you work there or worked there, but it sounds like you don't. You should not be posting stuff like this. Hans will post when they are ready, not someone who thinks they have inside knowledge of.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Not sure if you work there or worked there, but it sounds like you don't. You should not be posting stuff like this. Hans will post when they are ready, not someone who thinks they have inside knowledge of.
    No kidding... that first sounds like someone who works there.

Edit: didn't realized he quoted from ibis website (first post) - made it look like it came from him.
    Last edited by adumesny; 08-01-2012 at 05:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adumesny View Post
    No kidding... that first sounds like someone who works there (from norway, yeah right), then an outsider in the know a few months later. what a douch...like Ibis was gonna have someone announce this for them.
    Yeah, that's not a good idea to do for sure.

mtbr member
    Yeah, looks like the info he recieved when he visited in SC was not correct or that he misunderstood. I have no reason to not trust him. It is a bit difficult to verify this info when Ibis has decided to say nothing before they are ready to ship...

Sorry for misleading you. I guess I'm just as excited as everyone else who has decided on the Ripley.

The "list" is pretty unofficial, I guess. I have signed up for a waiting list at my Ibis importer, but no money has changed hands yet. It's their internal customer waiting list, but may be used to communicate to Ibis the number and sizes of bikes that they want. That allocations to countries and dealers are being made is probable. When reffering to "sold out", it could mean that the first batch has been allocated. Or not.

meh
    that one you quoted from him is actually straight from the Ibis website...but the one about the first batch being sold out was obviously BS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    that one you quoted from him is actually straight from the Ibis website...but the one about the first batch being sold out was obviously BS
    Yep saw that, the other BS was obviously his.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    What business is it of yours to "verify" anyways? It's not your company, it's not your info, it's not your duty to tell everyone what Ibis or any other company is doing with products that aren't YOURS. You and your idiot friend should keep your pie holes shut. Tell me you understand what I am telling you?
    Yeah definitely no one on this forum should talk about bikes that haven't been released. Calm down.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator

little too much there....

please keep the name calling to a minimum please.

kthnxbye

and yes, i would like to see the new Ripley when it's released
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post

little too much there....

please keep the name calling to a minimum please.

kthnxbye

and yes, i would like to see the new Ripley when it's released
    You're right, I should have worded it better. But still, leaking false info is potentially very bad. People begin to believe it, and then you have people who have to come in and answer for this like Hans had too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    You're right, I should have worded it better. But still, leaking false info is potentially very bad. People begin to believe it, and then you have people who have to come in and answer for this like Hans had too.
    I'm in favor of any action that results in Hans posting here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    Well I don't think he or anyone else from Ibis or any other bike company should have to use the forums to squash false talk about release dates or anything else. It's not fair to them. It also gets people to start asking that person questions, and as it did, started to make stuff up. You can have big problems when this kind of thing happens, mostly from angry customers.

meh
    i think you are overreacting mazspeed, its pretty much how the internet works

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    You rang?

We want to keep it positive and I'll chime in if there something inaccurate, but basically, we're not going to say much of anything until we're full on with the official intro and shipping etc.

Thanks and Cheers all,
    Hans
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    You rang?

We want to keep it positive and I'll chime in if there something inaccurate, but basically, we're not going to say much of anything until we're full on with the official intro and shipping etc.

Thanks and Cheers all,
    Hans

As long as the info on the website is still accurate, I'm happy. Would love to know if those plans have changed at all, i.e. if the bike isn't going to make it in 2012 or if the travel/geo has changed significantly. I've managed to talk myself in to waiting on a long travel 29er, so I'm hoping to get the chance to consider the Ripley before I talk myself back in to it.

Too Much Fun
    i.e. if the bike isn't going to make it in 2012
    ...it's August 1st. 2012 still has some legs. When they're ready to ship I suspect we'll be the first to know.
    - -benja- -

Cassoulet forever !
    You rang?

Thanks and Cheers all,
    Hans
    Please make it :

-compatible with a reverb stealth by being able to exit the hose trough the window to access the excentric
    -compatible with the specialized 142+ standard (even if you don't say so)
    -with a front derailleur fixation that goes down LOW for use planning to use only 2 small rings (20-33 for me)
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org

Slothful dirt hippie
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    my HD rocks....
    thanks ibis for making great bikes for us to ride and making our lives better!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hans/Ibis:

Will there be a Ripley at your booth at Interbike for viewing?
    Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJackSlade View Post
    Hans/Ibis:

Will there be a Ripley at your booth at Interbike for viewing?
    We have skipped Interbike the last couple of years and will continue to do so. It's withering and is also a huge shake down if you know what I mean.

It cost 1K to hang our sign, 1K to get an extension cord, etc.etc. x 20 They've abused their customers a bit more than we can put up with any more. (I'd been to every one since 1980!) There are so many other ways to communicate now, that Interbike is not as essential as it was in the past. We will be at Eurobike, but will not be putting out any more info on the Ripley until we are ready to ship.

It's tough to keep things under wraps for an extended time when we're so excited about it, but we think it's probably the best.

H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    We have skipped Interbike the last couple of years and will continue to do so. It's withering and is also a huge shake down if you know what I mean.
    H
    I know EXACTLY what you mean... I used to have my own product and booth at IB.... they need to be very careful, there may not be an Interbike someday... at least as we have known it...

You have a good product, word of mouth sells very well. Myself, like many others are just a bit crazy with the wait

But wait I will
    Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    does anyone know if the DW link 2xc suspension will trickle down to the Mojo's or is it only for the Ripley 29er? Just wondering is all.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast