Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Any small or XL Ripleys out there yet?

This is a follow-on from a previous thread; I have an XL on order, originally told May 24th but Tom from Ibis chimed in to say there were delays in first-run production of the S and XL sizes. Anyone got a S or XL yet, or heard updates on scheduled delivery? Tom/Hans, any updates from Asia? Dying to get my new ride, as I'm sure are many other folks as well!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I've got an XL on order as well. I called them yesterday and was told that the first batch should be arriving late June and should appear in shops first week in July.

mtbr member

I also seem to recall Hans saying the first shipment would not cover all outstanding orders. I ordered mine the first day geometry numbers were out out there, so I'm hopeful, but who knows.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I've got a small on order as well. I've heard that the smalls are due early July. Hope they can meet that time as I'm doing Breck Epic and would love to race it on the Ripley.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

I have a medium that i am willing to trade for a large.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    XL's shipping to shops on Monday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    What about the smalls ?

mtbr member
    I hear that the first batch of XLs is not very big. I hope someone can update the forum about this. Soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeyrider View Post
    What about the smalls ?
    From what I understand the smalls are in the shipment with the XL's that ibis just received. Pretty sure they are just prepping them for shipment, Aaron (ibis) said they'd most likely ship Monday. I have had an order in for an XL Ripley for about 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure I won't see one from this first batch. Hoping the second batch rolls in shortly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    My local shop was told that my small black should be shipping from Ibis around two weeks away.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    my xl shipped out yesterday

mtbr member

@wlhighlight: from Ibis or lbs?

simenf - brainwashed by the big wheel mafia.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by simenf View Post
    @wlhighlight: from Ibis or lbs?

From ibis

mtbr member
    CompCyclist has now changed the expected date for my XL from "late June" to "July 15th." Grrrr. Not sure I believe this though; they've basically been backing up the date in 1-2-week chunks since May. It was May 24th, then June 10th then June 20th, then end of June, now mid-July. I think these dates are coming from Ibis; I wish someone would give it to us straight...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    CompCyclist has now changed the expected date for my XL from "late June" to "July 15th." Grrrr. Not sure I believe this though; they've basically been backing up the date in 1-2-week chunks since May. It was May 24th, then June 10th then June 20th, then end of June, now mid-July. I think these dates are coming from Ibis; I wish someone would give it to us straight...
    mine is arriving next week...i will let you know when i have it in my grubby paws...but i did put the order in when they were first announced...not sure if that matters

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I was told mid-july by Comp Cyclist as well, at least we are getting the same vague information

mtbr member
    My German dealer emailed me yesterday and told me that my XL Ripley frame should arrive to him next week (8-14 July). If that would be the case then I should hopefully have my frame here in Finland before the end of the month. I've ordered the frame in mid-March.

Originally I was told delivery in the second half of May but later on the dealer informed me that the expected delivery time was moved to July.
    Pertti
    Lahti, Finland
    MC Kramppi

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    My small in black/green arrived today. Thank you Ibis!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    My Green/Black XL is due in a few weeks in Australia. Fingers crossed it will be here by WEMBO time.

mtbr member

Seeing the first XLs starting to trickle to Europe I am waiting for my distributor to drop me a line. Expecting delivery sometime in August.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Blue XL shipped from California en route to my shop here in Denver. Xt build with fox 34 @140. If someone wants me to snag this for them let me know. The bike was originally for me but I can no longer afford it. Not a lot of these around. It should be here in Denver today or tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    So, my LBS ordered an XL blue Ripley frame for me on 3/17 (the day the geometry numbers were released), but now they are being told there weren't enough XL blue Ripleys in the order they just received, so I won't be receiving one until early September. If they are filling orders based on first come, first served it would stand to reason that anyone who ordered an XL blue frame after 3/17 won't be receiving one, provided they aren't getting one from dealer stock a la competitive cyclist, jenson, etc.

I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation or has heard something similar?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    the eagle has landed...my black XL frame is at the shop waiting for me

mtbr member
    My black Ripley was ordered beginning of May from CompCyclist. As of today they said they will be arriving July 15th, and that they're receiving 9 of them, all of which are already pre-ordered (my order being one of these.) On a previous thread someone from Ibis chimed in to say that the first run of XLs would not be enough to cover pre-orders; I don't know how they decided how to distribute the XLs from this first run, but maybe if yours is a smaller shop they got shafted? Bummer if that's the case, you'd think it'd be first order in/first order out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Just picked up small Ripley from LBS (SportsBasement in Sunnyvale, Ca). Ordered two weeks ago and pleasantly surprised to get one in the first batch. It was just received at the shop right after I was there checking on the status at lunch time today.

Any small or XL Ripleys out there yet?-ripley29_frame.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast