mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Any Quirks/Issues for Mojo HD's?

I'm looking to cross over to carbon and the Mojo is looking mighty tasty. I usually ride a 22.5 ETT. The Mojo HD with a 180mm fork is 22.4. That should work.

Are there any little issues, quirks, problems, whatevahs, that I should know about? I know sometimes the smaller frames can have clearance problems with fork knobs hitting down tubes or front derailleurs that can be problems.

Anything?
    Also, any leads on places to buy?

Oh, BTW. This would be my second Ibis. My first was an Ibis frame that had the old unified rear triangle. Forgot the name of the frame. This is back in 1995. Wow, am I dating myself?
    We Ride In God's Country!

www.derbyrims.com
    Only 130% pleasure from my HD. It has proven to be very versatile from XC to DH park, when used with a u-turn coil fork for adjustable travel making a variety of handling geometry, and both 160 and 140 shock options depending on conditions. I have only rave reviews for the HD and the Ibis company.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I have had mine for a little while now and love it. Haven't found anything I want to change about it except some components, but I built it myself it wasn't a complete build from Ibis. I will suggest either the RockShox Monarch Plus or from what I've heard the Cane Creek Double Barrel Air rear shock.

I bought mine from Competitive Cyclist. They have a great staff and an awesome return policy.

Patrick

mtbr member
    I really love mine but only after I made some changes. Mine was a complete build from Ibis. I changed out tires, bars, stem and grips in the months after purchase. Not a huge deal but it wound up costing me a couple hundred extra bucks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Good to hear the positive reviews. After having a few elite frames $1500+ range, and having problems with clearance of front derailleurs, bad shifting, dropping chains, forks hitting downtubes, rear wheels being off alignment in the frame, seatposts not dropping all the way down, its refreshing to see there's a frame with absolutely no issues.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Non of those have been the case on my bike.
    It does create a desire to tinker about. For me it's shocks. Once you get totally into the bike you start to wonder what other dampers would be like, which leads you to a subjective conclusion that the stock RP23 is holding something back in the performance of the frame.
    It's probably just as valid to say that the platform is so good, that it is hard to imagine riding anything else so you end up looking for ways to spend some money that would have otherwise gone on a frame exchange/upgrade.