Thread: Any day now....

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Any day now....

I'm feeling ready to pull the trigger...soon. Mojo SL size Large. Having demo'd the Mojo against a few other bikes at the top of my list, I keep going back to the Mojo. Tallboy was second, but didn't put the smile on my face like the Ibis. I prefer technical singletrack, ride pretty agressively but am light on my equipment. I'm 6 foot 175 lbs. & currently ride a 97 Klein Mantra Pro w/ XTR. Now to decide on some details...

The Mojo I rode had a DT Swiss shock, and I really liked how plush it was. Having a few other bikes out on the trails with RP23's, I didnt really feel like I'd bother with the PP on the mojo...the thing just flat out works, no matter what. I'm fairly set on the DT, but open to any feedback on other options. Watching the thread on the RPL vs RP23 closely. Any reason not to go with this shock? Will a PUSHd Fox be as good? Parts/service are my only concern atm.

Fork is the major sticking point right now. I DO know I'd like a 150 to help raise the BB slightly. The new Fox offerings look pretty sweet, but I'm leaning towards either the DT EXC 150 or the Rev XX 150. I've yet to see these two compared head to head, other than the usual high praise for the DT, and a few comments about the newest Rev's are nice. I'm leaning toward XX right now, so the Rev will integrate nicely, but if it's not up to par with the DT, I could care less. Same as with the shock, my only concern about the DT is parts/service down the road. Will a PUSHd Rev or Fox win out?

More to come as I try to iron out my details. Thanks for any feedback!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Aww no love? Stuck in the house sick the past week and I need someone to be excited about the new bike with me, before my wife duct tapes my mouth shut.

I'm going Sram XX, 90% sure at this point. Wheels, not sure, was thinking some flavor of stans on 240's.

Big points are that shock and fork....help a brother decide? I know it's hard to go wrong with any of the ones I mentioned....just hard making the final call.

www.derbyrims.com
    The RPL has the same features as the DT but the RP negative spring is smoother for a smoother top out feel. PUSH tuning transforms a shock into much more seamless bump compliance and stability. The Fox RP type shocks also have optional air can size to fine tune spring rate for smaller and bigger or hard riders.

Ride a stock shock for a few weeks at least before doing a PUSH tune, the improvement is more than just noticeable.

XX sound's like a step up especially for front shifting and rear cassette weight. If the gearing range is sufficient for you there's nothing better now. I heard here that the Mojo cannot fit the smaller chain ring XX option, be sure you research that and see if the higher gear range is sufficiently low enough for your climbs. 2x9 works just about as well.

Nice bike! Enjoy!